Posted to alt.home.repair

Default supply line valve pointing down

I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing down
instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 9:47:08 AM UTC-4, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing down
instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Like any plumbing fitting, tighten it so that it winds up pointing
in the right direction? Each full turn, it comes up in the right
position. You just stop turning when:

A - it;s sufficiently tight and
B - it's in the right orientation
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 May 2017 20:17:01 +0630, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing down
instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Start stroking it gently, gradually increasing your speed and you will see it point up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/2/17 9:47 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing
down instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Depending on how far away from vertical, either tighten it some more,
or loosen it a little.

Or if it is operable where it is, and isn't an appearance problem,
leave it alone. You could mess it up worse by trying to fuss with it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 May 2017 12:22:50 -0400, Retired wrote:

On 5/2/17 9:47 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing
down instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Depending on how far away from vertical, either tighten it some more,
or loosen it a little.

Or if it is operable where it is, and isn't an appearance problem,
leave it alone. You could mess it up worse by trying to fuss with it.

"It looks good from my house."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 May 2017 12:22:50 -0400, Retired wrote:

On 5/2/17 9:47 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing
down instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Depending on how far away from vertical, either tighten it some more,
or loosen it a little.

If the valve or fitting has pipe threads you NEVER adjust the valve or fitting orientation by loosening
because this is a text book way to cause a leak. Always tighten.

Or if it is operable where it is, and isn't an appearance problem,
leave it alone. You could mess it up worse by trying to fuss with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 02 May 2017 14:44:26 -0500, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Depending on how far away from vertical, either tighten it some more,
or loosen it a little.

If the valve or fitting has pipe threads you NEVER adjust the valve or fitting orientation by loosening
because this is a text book way to cause a leak. Always tighten.

OP left out what type of pipe and the connection type. How can there
be a right answer until then :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren said it. It looks good from my house. I agree to not ever loosen it. There is almost always a dyi can go another turn.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 2 May 2017 14:40:43 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Oren said it. It looks good from my house. I agree to not ever loosen it. There is almost always a dyi can go another turn.

When I say the Huckleberries are ripe, grab your bucket and run.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/05/2017 21:50, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, May 2, 2017 at 9:47:08 AM UTC-4, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing down
instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

Like any plumbing fitting, tighten it so that it winds up pointing
in the right direction? Each full turn, it comes up in the right
position. You just stop turning when:

A - it;s sufficiently tight and
B - it's in the right orientation

It's already quite tight and the valve is metal while the pipe is
plastic. I'm afraid overtighten would break the pipe.

Guess I just live with it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oren said it. It looks good from my house. I agree to not ever loosen it. There is almost always a dyi can go another turn.

When I say the Huckleberries are ripe, grab your bucket and run.

Would those be the low bush huckleberries ? We have those growing out
in the woods around here , and ours are loaded this year . Some are
still in bloom , they look like they'll be loaded too .

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 3 May 2017 08:36:50 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Would those be the low bush huckleberries ? We have those growing out
in the woods around here , and ours are loaded this year . Some are
still in bloom , they look like they'll be loaded too .

Pic: https://tinyurl.com/k86wba8
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Would those be the low bush huckleberries ? We have those growing out
in the woods around here , and ours are loaded this year . Some are
still in bloom , they look like they'll be loaded too .

Pic: https://tinyurl.com/k86wba8

DAYAM ! I thought mine were loaded , are those wild or a domesticated
variety ?

--

Snag

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Would those be the low bush huckleberries ? We have those growing out
in the woods around here , and ours are loaded this year . Some are
still in bloom , they look like they'll be loaded too .

Pic: https://tinyurl.com/k86wba8

DAYAM ! I thought mine were loaded , are those wild or a domesticated
variety ?

Not sure. You may have birds, deer, bear or 'coons eating them (or
all of the berries).
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 05/02/2017 09:47 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
I removed the old supply line valve for a vanity sink and replaced it
with a new one. After tightening the new valve, I found it pointing
down instead of up.

Anyway to make it pointing up?

this is what i do, your mileage may vary

1. screw the valve on by hand as tight as I can get it

2. tighten further by wrench ( 1/2 to 1-1/2 turns ) until its oriented
like i want it

3. check for leaks. if it leaks, I tighten another turn