Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finally a LED bulb that produces decent light when dimmed

I just bought a Philips BR40 65W Soft White Warm Glow LED bulb.
It's the first one that I've seen that produces a decent color
light when dimmed. All the others look cold, like fluorescent
and are just terrible. This one goes lower in color temp, to
an orange glow when dimmed, very close to an incandescent.
They are available in other form factors, including recessed
retrofit too. HD carries them online, $10
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 24 Apr 2017 10:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
trader_4 wrote:

I just bought a Philips BR40 65W Soft White Warm Glow LED bulb.
It's the first one that I've seen that produces a decent color
light when dimmed. All the others look cold, like fluorescent
and are just terrible. This one goes lower in color temp, to
an orange glow when dimmed, very close to an incandescent.
They are available in other form factors, including recessed
retrofit too. HD carries them online, $10

Would never have one of turds...suckas only use them
Posted to alt.home.repair

I just bought a Philips BR40 65W Soft White Warm Glow LED bulb.
It's the first one that I've seen that produces a decent color
light when dimmed. All the others look cold, like fluorescent
and are just terrible. This one goes lower in color temp, to
an orange glow when dimmed, very close to an incandescent.
They are available in other form factors, including recessed
retrofit too. HD carries them online, $10

I like the Philips Warm Glow bulbs too. We have them in our living room on
a remote control CFL/LED dimmer switch. They are much more comforting to
dim for watching a movie than regular "dimmable" bulbs.

Sylvania makes color changing bulbs too (I think Lowes sells them), but I
didn't think the color reproduction was as good as the Philips bulbs.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com