DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Minor Shower Tile Grout Cracking Fix (see pictures) (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/58850-minor-shower-tile-grout-cracking-fix-see-pictures.html)

Clocker June 15th 04 10:45 PM

Minor Shower Tile Grout Cracking Fix (see pictures)

We have a shower stall in one of our bathrooms. The floor is 4"
tiles. Around the peripheral of the floor, where the floor meets the
walls, the tile grout has some minor cracking. I'd like to fix/fill
the cracks before we use the shower. What is the best way to fill
these cracks? Should I buy some type of grout in a tube or should I
use some type of caulk? Here are two pictures that I hope will help
illustrate what I'm talking about:

http://www.kevharper.com/images/corner.jpg

http://www.kevharper.com/images/edge.jpg

Thanks,
Clocker

Chet Hayes June 16th 04 02:18 PM

(Clocker) wrote in message . com...
We have a shower stall in one of our bathrooms. The floor is 4"
tiles. Around the peripheral of the floor, where the floor meets the
walls, the tile grout has some minor cracking. I'd like to fix/fill
the cracks before we use the shower. What is the best way to fill
these cracks? Should I buy some type of grout in a tube or should I
use some type of caulk? Here are two pictures that I hope will help
illustrate what I'm talking about:

http://www.kevharper.com/images/corner.jpg

http://www.kevharper.com/images/edge.jpg

Thanks,
Clocker

As was pointed out, you need caulk for the corners and bottom edge,
not grout, as these areas need some flex. Caulk will flex, grout will
crack.

Clocker June 18th 04 11:27 AM

Minor Shower Tile Grout Cracking Fix (see pictures)

Thanks all. Since these are corner areas, I guess I put some caulk in
there after I clean out any loose grout.

Appreciated!