Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Default 8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

An 8-month-old boy was killed Thursday in Maryland when the familys
pit bull attacked him, authorities said.

Officers responded about 1 p.m. to Prancer Court in Lusby, Maryland, for the report of a dog attack, the Calvert County Sheriffs Office said in a statement.

The deputies, who arrived within a minute of the call, saw the familys pit bull attacking the boy €“ who was in the care of a family friend €“ and shot the animal to stop the attack. The boy was pronounced dead at the scene.

At a news conference Friday, Calvert County Sheriff Mike Evans said that the pit bull was 6 to 8 years old and that the family had had it since it was a puppy. The dog attacked the baby €œout of the blue,€ he said.

€œOur hearts are heavy after this tragic event,€ Evans said. €œOur thoughts and prayers are with the family and everyone involved. No one should have to endure this type of traumatic event.€

The dog, which weighed about 65 pounds, had no history of being aggressive and would be tested for rabies, the sheriff said. The family friend, a female neighbor who unsuccessfully tried to stop the attack, was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, the sheriff said.

Evans said that no charges would be filed and that the victims name would not be released at the familys request.

At the news conference, Tom Hejl, president of Calvert Countys Board of County Commissioners, said he favors pit bull restrictions in the county. The dogs have been outlawed in neighboring Prince Georges County for more than two decades.

€œI would hope that it would actually spur some conversation,€ he said.

Evans said the last fatal dog attack in Calvert County was in 2006 when a group of pit bulls killed their owner.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe anyone that
owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

--
OG38
Very Close To Nowhere
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

OG38 wrote:

Just my opinion but I believe anyone that owns a dog of that nature is
sick as hell

That's racist hate speech.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

OG38 news Mar 2017 14:24:00 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 03/26/2017 05:49 PM, Diesel wrote:
OG38 news Mar 2017 14:24:00 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

Pit Bulls are cute and cuddly...until they're not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IleZx5Mg64M

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 21:49:45 -0000 (UTC)
Diesel wrote:

OG38 news Mar 2017 14:24:00 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

LOL so speaks the wire puller errand boi...WTF??...LOL
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe anyone that
owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into them. Pit bulls
just happen to be of a size that makes that kind of training produce a
dangerous animal. Some of the meekest dogs around are pit bulls that
have been raised in a normal fashion. Treat any large dog the way that
one undoubtedly was and you'll have a similarly dangerous animal.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Diesel wrote:

OG38 news Mar 2017 14:24:00 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

it should be noted the wire puller/errand boi had no facts
to back up his claim and like liberals/democrats all across
the fruited plains went straight for name calling, next will
be violence.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 03/27/2017 04:20 AM, dvus wrote:
On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe anyone that
owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into them. Pit bulls
just happen to be of a size that makes that kind of training produce a
dangerous animal. Some of the meekest dogs around are pit bulls that
have been raised in a normal fashion. Treat any large dog the way that
one undoubtedly was and you'll have a similarly dangerous animal.

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/p...ck-little-girl

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359...th-single-bite

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 27 Mar 2017 07:47:11 -0600
rbowman wrote:

On 03/27/2017 04:20 AM, dvus wrote:
On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into them. Pit bulls
just happen to be of a size that makes that kind of training
produce a dangerous animal. Some of the meekest dogs around are pit
bulls that have been raised in a normal fashion. Treat any large
dog the way that one undoubtedly was and you'll have a similarly
dangerous animal.

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/p...ck-little-girl

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359...th-single-bite

Nice but there are way more killings by pit bulls than chihuahuas and
jack russles combined.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Diesel wrote:

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

Pit bulls have a very bad reputation for things like this, perhaps the
worst of any dog breed. Whether that reputation is just or not, it
definitely exists. So the question is, why does anybody want to own a
pit bull?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3/27/2017 8:06 PM, Neill Massello wrote:
Diesel wrote:

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

Pit bulls have a very bad reputation for things like this, perhaps the
worst of any dog breed. Whether that reputation is just or not, it
definitely exists. So the question is, why does anybody want to own a
pit bull?

Reputation aside, they can be a great dog. They can be trained, they
can behave well.

Unfortunately, many have been bread to fight. In some neighborhoods is
is a status symbol to be seen walking a nasty pit bull, like brandishing
a weapon. They ruined the breed, or at least a good portion of it.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

On 03/27/2017 04:20 AM, dvus wrote:
On 3/26/2017 10:24 AM, OG38 wrote:
On 3/26/2017 8:33 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland1

I hope the family is happy... Just my opinion but I believe
anyone that owns a dog of that nature is sick as hell...

No dog is born with that "nature", it's trained into them. Pit bulls
just happen to be of a size that makes that kind of training
produce a dangerous animal. Some of the meekest dogs around are pit
bulls that have been raised in a normal fashion. Treat any large
dog the way that one undoubtedly was and you'll have a similarly
dangerous animal.

http://www.kptv.com/story/21313261/p...ck-little-girl

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/359...th-single-bite

Nice but there are way more killings by pit bulls than chihuahuas and
jack russles combined.

I don't doubt that but you should factor in that those looking to raise
a vicious animal are more likely to pick a pit than a chihuahua.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

(Neill Massello)
Tue, 28 Mar 2017
00:06:01 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

Diesel wrote:

Your ignorance concerning a specific dog breed is astounding.

Pit bulls have a very bad reputation for things like this, perhaps
the worst of any dog breed. Whether that reputation is just or
not, it definitely exists. So the question is, why does anybody
want to own a pit bull?

I own four of them. They are a very loyal dog, good family dog, too.
Issues you read/hear about concerning this breed and others similiar
to it almost always involve some asshole human abusing the dog from
an early age. I've been around dogs like this since I was a kiddo
myself, and, I've *never* had an issue with ANY of them. Including
the ones we've rescued from asshole humans. One of my favorite very
protective hounds passed away last summer. I found him outside, with
no food, no water, no shelter, tied to a huge logging chain, wrapped
around an ancient rusting pile of **** dozer. I walked right up to
him, let him growl, etc, and attached my leash to his collar. And
then disconnected the logging chain. I towed him to my vehicle and
took him straight to a vet I've used for a very long time now to have
him checked out. Then, I took him home. I had him for nearly ten
years before he passed way. Didn't even try biting me, not one single
time.

His growl was for show, and, he knew I knew it too. heh. Like I said,
it's the asshole humans that give them a bad name.

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:

[...]

You are right not many drug dealers/gun runners/other assorted
scum get a chicuahua or jack russel.

chihuahuas usually go to girlie men and jack russels to farmers.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 09:57:00 -0000 (UTC)
Diesel wrote:

[...]

Not of that is true...just another one of your one upmanship
word walls.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Diesel wrote:

[...]

Sadly, there's no way of knowing, on way or another.

--
The only people who make a difference are the people who believe they can.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Diesel wrote:

[...]

For you maybe that is true..not for others.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Agreed. They prefer dogs they can train to be aggressive.

chihuahuas usually go to girlie men and jack russels to farmers.

That's a somewhat broad generalization but does serve to underline the
fact that aggressive pits are usually the result of being raised by
people classed as undesirables who intentionally mistreat them in order
to get an aggressive dog.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

yet with no signs of abuse or past aggressiveness an 8 month old baby
is dead.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Diesel brought next idea :
His growl was for show, and, he knew I knew it too. heh. Like I said,
it's the asshole humans that give them a bad name.

That's 99% true.
My Father had a pit that would swing from a old tire on a rope slung
from a tree with great joy. This same pit let my Fathers grandkids
crawl all over her and she would lick them as the kids fell off her
back. Only issue was she hated other dogs and would tear them apart
when she would escape the chainlink fence keeping her in the backyard.

The 'gangsters' from Compton would walk their pit bulls with a spyked
collar and fight their other pits till they bled to death. Many pits
were turned over to the animal control and put down because of how they
were trained to kill. The punk gangsters got away from being
prosicuted, or given a lite fine for keeping a dangerous animal.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Naturous news Mar 2017 16:56:57 GMT in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

Diesel brought next idea :
His growl was for show, and, he knew I knew it too. heh. Like I
said, it's the asshole humans that give them a bad name.

That's 99% true.
My Father had a pit that would swing from a old tire on a rope
slung from a tree with great joy. This same pit let my Fathers
grandkids crawl all over her and she would lick them as the kids
fell off her back. Only issue was she hated other dogs and would
tear them apart when she would escape the chainlink fence keeping
her in the backyard.

Some hounds, regardless of breed don't always play well with other
hounds. Or cats for that matter. *shrug*. It is what it is.

--
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too
many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by,
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

"David B."
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:26:44 GMT
in alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

Sadly, there's no way of knowing, on way or another.

I wouldn't put too much faith in what btj posts, David. The arse
licking toadie thought any old joe could install a well pump in TN,
and, that's NOT the case. Not only do you need specialized equipment
to retrieve the old pump, you also need to be licensed to even touch
the well it's inside of. I posted that yesterday, but, I'll go ahead
and copy/paste it from my sent folder for your amusement.

Subject: A song for you cook
Newsgroups: alt.politics.scorched-earth

burfordTjustice
news alt.politics.scorched-earth, wrote:

On Sat, 18 Mar 2017 09:26:20 -0000 (UTC)
Diesel wrote:

I'm not all that impressed with the wall water situation. I've
already had to replace the pump once, due to a bad electrical
storm last summer. Now, that was one expensive ****ing project.

Not really any normal joe can replace his own well pump,

Oh really?

http://www.tn.gov/environment/article/wr-wq-well-water

Well Water

The Well Driller Supervision Program licenses well drillers, pump
setters, and water treatment device installers in the State.
Licensed individuals must develop wells and install equipment
according to standards, which are designed to protect the resource
and insure consumers of a safe and reliable structure.

The duties of the Commissioner are given in TCA, Section 69-11-106
and include, among other things, the authority to:

License drillers, pump installers, and water treatment device
installers Inspect well construction
Investigate complaints
Promulgate Rules relative to well construction

Background

The Tennessee Water Well Act of 1963 requires all persons drilling a
water well to be licensed.

A water well is any well for the production of water for beneficial
use such as: domestic use, irrigation, livestock watering, etc.

A person installing a pump or water treatment device on a water well
must also be licensed.

Installing a Pump

Pumps must be installed by a licensed installer. Selection of the
correct pump is based in part upon the diameter of the well casing,
well depth, static water level, well yield, friction loss, vertical
lift, drawdown, and number of water fixtures or residents in the
home. The installer will use these figures to determine the
appropriate size and type pump for your water well.

[snip] more details at the link above. Suffice to say, normal joe
won't be doing well work, atleast, not legally.

but wall water may be harder.

That was a typo, asshat.

You certainly ****ed up here. Normal joe cannot drill his own well,
cannot install said pump, cannot replace said ****ing pump; aside
from licensing issues, normal joe can't even get to the old damn pump
in most cases.

BTJ is a ****ing moron, David. When will you learn that?

--
Sarcasm, because beating the living **** out of deserving people is
illegal.
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

A tragedy no doubt, but I've yet to see documented evidence of how that
animal was raised and trained. Until then I believe any conclusions of
general pit bull behavior based on this case is premature.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Until I see documented evidence they trained it to be aggressive or
violent I will believe the story as published.

"The dog attacked the baby €œout of the blue,€ he said."

"The dog, which weighed about 65 pounds, had no history of being
aggressive and would be tested for rabies, the sheriff said. The family
friend, a female neighbor who unsuccessfully tried to stop the attack,
was taken to a hospital with minor injuries, the sheriff said."

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:33:13 -0000 (UTC)
Diesel wrote:

"David B."
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:26:44 GMT

Newsgroups: alt.politics.scorched-earth

Diesel wrote:

[...]

As you were told, you are nothing special
Anyone can go to any tractor supply store and buy a well pump
and remove/replace an old one or installed it in a new
drilled/dug well.

No wire puller/errand boi needed....LOL
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

From: Diesel
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:33:13 -0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups:
24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Hey david brooks (Devon) note he could not proclaim we are wrong....LOL
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

From: Diesel
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 01:33:13 -0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups:
24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

Hey david brooks (Devon) note he could not proclaim we are wrong....LOL

He was 100% correct when he said .....

"I wouldn't put too much faith in what btj posts, David."

I most certainly do NOT have truck with you - a known liar and Troll for
years!

You, bTj, are what Peter Foldes used to call "*A piece of work*"!

A bit like THIS fellow: https://www.youtube.com/user/CoyoteVX

He's got TWO (different!) profiles on LinkedIn too!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mindzon/

You can find the OTHER profile here yourself!:-

https://www.linkedin.com/search/resu...=AUTO_COMPLETE
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:03:48 +0100
"David B." wrote:

"*A piece of work*"!

LMFAO!!
Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Wasn't the dog in question a Jack Russell, not a pit bull?

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Really, now you are just being, you know ****ing....

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Being what? This discussion started off with:
"8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland"

and reading the article I see:

"THE grieving family of a newborn baby killed by their pet Jack Russell
said last night: €œWe have no words to describe the loss we have suffered.€"

To be honest, I didn't realize the dog in question was a Jack Russell, I
saw the line that included "family pit bull" and spaced on the fact that
it actually wasn't a pit bull.

I still believe any dog can be raised to be vicious and any pit bull can
be raised to be a good family pet.

--
dvus

---

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2017 6:03 AM, dvus wrote:

Wasn't the dog in question a Jack Russell, not a pit bull?

Really, now you are just being, you know ****ing....

Being what? This discussion started off with:
"8-month-old boy killed by family pit bull in Maryland"

and reading the article I see:

"THE grieving family of a newborn baby killed by their pet Jack Russell
said last night: €œWe have no words to describe the loss we have suffered.€"

To be honest, I didn't realize the dog in question was a Jack Russell, I
saw the line that included "family pit bull" and spaced on the fact that
it actually wasn't a pit bull.

I still believe any dog can be raised to be vicious and any pit bull can
be raised to be a good family pet.

You get more attention when you put "pit bull" in the subject line.

I know a couple of pit bulls that are great dogs, fun to play with, very
friendly. The 60 pound young one likes to sit on my lap.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/1/17 9:52 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/1/2017 6:03 AM, dvus wrote:

[...]

Functional equivalent of every rifle being an assault rifle.

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 4/1/2017 7:04 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:

rbowman wrote:
[...]

I don't know where that came from but I read:
€œThe dog in question was a family pet €“ a Jack Russell €“ and this animal
has been put down.€œ

We seem to have a disparity of understanding.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

rbowman wrote:
[...]

Read the op. Damn! No ****ing jack dog. They can't reach 60+ pounds.
Your effort to change the subject is getting boring.

[...]

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2017 6:31 AM, burfordTjustice wrote:
rbowman wrote:
[...]

[snip]

Yes, yes, you're right, somehow I latched onto a link introduced by
rbowman earlier in the thread, my bad. No need to get apoplectic over
it, the original story was indeed about a pit bull. I still believe the
onus for bad dog behavior rests with the owner, not the animal itself.
For every pit bull raised to be vicious there's likely thousands that
were treated decently and are great family pets.

Did you have a bad experience with a pit bull earlier in life? I was
bitten by a German Shepard when I was a kid and I still get nervous
around them despite the fact that they are a great and loyal family pet
in most cases.

--
dvus

---

Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 05:48:04 -0400
dvus wrote:

Did you have a bad experience with a pit bull earlier in life?

Nope, none got close enough to bite and they
still don't.

DRT!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2017 5:48 AM, dvus wrote:

Did you have a bad experience with a pit bull earlier in life? I was
bitten by a German Shepard when I was a kid and I still get nervous
around them despite the fact that they are a great and loyal family pet
in most cases.

Exactly my experience. I was maybe 8 years old when I got bit by a
German Shepherd. I still avoid them but my grandson's pit bull can
crawl under the covers when I'm sleeping and I don't care.