Hafaka

Default Installing a ceiling fan + light

I want to have a ceiling fan & light in the living room. Problem - the
apartment I'm moving to doesn't have an electricity outlet on the
ceiling. Would an electrician be able to install this anyway? I'm
thinking of maybe connecting it to an outlet on the wall with wires.
Sure, I'll have wires going from the wall to the ceiling, but I don't
care much about asthetics...

Also, because it's a rented apartment, if the procedure is possible,
is it also reversible? Oh, and do you have an estimate on how much an
electrician might charge for that?

Thanks!
SQLit

"Hafaka" wrote in message
om...
I want to have a ceiling fan & light in the living room. Problem - the
apartment I'm moving to doesn't have an electricity outlet on the
ceiling. Would an electrician be able to install this anyway? I'm
thinking of maybe connecting it to an outlet on the wall with wires.
Sure, I'll have wires going from the wall to the ceiling, but I don't
care much about asthetics...

Also, because it's a rented apartment, if the procedure is possible,
is it also reversible? Oh, and do you have an estimate on how much an
electrician might charge for that?

Thanks!

Sure it probably could be done. As for the reversible part sure it can be
patch painted and textured to match.

Ever though of a swag lamp. Put a hook into a beam in the ceiling and plug
it in. I did that 20 years ago. Better talk to the landlord before starting.

Tom

SQLit wrote:Better talk to the landlord before starting.

I, being a landlord, second that. Tom

Someday, it'll all be over....
Hafaka

"SQLit" wrote in message news:Be6yc.9721$fZ1.7361@fed1read03...
"Hafaka" wrote in message
om...
I want to have a ceiling fan & light in the living room. Problem - the
apartment I'm moving to doesn't have an electricity outlet on the
ceiling. Would an electrician be able to install this anyway? I'm
thinking of maybe connecting it to an outlet on the wall with wires.
Sure, I'll have wires going from the wall to the ceiling, but I don't
care much about asthetics...

Also, because it's a rented apartment, if the procedure is possible,
is it also reversible? Oh, and do you have an estimate on how much an
electrician might charge for that?

Thanks!

Sure it probably could be done. As for the reversible part sure it can be
patch painted and textured to match.

Ever though of a swag lamp. Put a hook into a beam in the ceiling and plug
it in. I did that 20 years ago. Better talk to the landlord before starting.

Of course I plan to ask for permission, but I want to be able to
present them a possible solution.
What is a swag lamp? By the way you're describing it, it sounds like
the same solution as I have proposed, no? Maybe I'm just confused a
little.