Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hum Sound in House

I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying. When it is humming, I can hear it all over the
house. I can also hear it in my attached unheated
garage. My wife can hear it also. I have been unable to pin point the
source. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what it can be?

Any correlation with furnace activity?

I've heard some irritating sounds from a high-efficiency furnace.
--
Pete Cresswell
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 14:45:37 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying. When it is humming, I can hear it all over the
house. I can also hear it in my attached unheated
garage. My wife can hear it also. I have been unable to pin point the
source. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what it can be?

Any correlation with furnace activity?

I've heard some irritating sounds from a high-efficiency furnace.

or cfl or flourescent lamps?
Turn off the main braler and see if it goes away. If not it is
e3xternal resonance from something.
Posted to alt.home.repair

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying.

The "most distinctive" hum in my house is caused by the sump pump
(centered under the house). It's annoying-ness is somewhat
counterbalanced by the fact that I know that its working. ; )
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 21:38:04 -0000, Bill wrote:

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying.

The "most distinctive" hum in my house is caused by the sump pump
(centered under the house). It's annoying-ness is somewhat
counterbalanced by the fact that I know that its working. ; )

Surely something that important must have a warning light etc in the house?

--
An expert is someone who takes a subject you understand and makes it sound confusing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/19/2017 2:45 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying. When it is humming, I can hear it all over the
house. I can also hear it in my attached unheated
garage. My wife can hear it also. I have been unable to pin point the
source. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what it can be?

Any correlation with furnace activity?

I've heard some irritating sounds from a high-efficiency furnace.

Check door bell transformer

Posted to alt.home.repair

Meanie wrote:
On 2/19/2017 2:45 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying. When it is humming, I can hear it all over the
house. I can also hear it in my attached unheated
garage. My wife can hear it also. I have been unable to pin point the
source. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what it can be?

Any correlation with furnace activity?

I've heard some irritating sounds from a high-efficiency furnace.

Check door bell transformer

I had this with a toilet. Every time I flushed, I would get the hum which lasted
about 30 seconds. How long does your hum last?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 20:16:33 -0500, Arnie Goetchius
wrote:

I'm getting a low volume hum in my house. It comes and goes. It's not
loud, but it is annoying. When it is humming, I can hear it all over the
house. I can also hear it in my attached unheated
garage. My wife can hear it also. I have been unable to pin point the
source. Anyone ever experience this? Any ideas what it can be?

Any correlation with furnace activity?

I've heard some irritating sounds from a high-efficiency furnace.

Check door bell transformer

I had this with a toilet. Every time I flushed, I would get the hum which lasted
about 30 seconds. How long does your hum last?

Hummers can last a long time and then it stops.

Hum Sound in House Tbu62 Home Repair 74 February 23rd 17 09:30 AM
What planet are they on? White House says economy is "sound" [email protected][_2_] Home Repair 0 March 17th 09 11:42 AM
Teac AG-V3020 amp, output problems. no sound, popping, faint phono sound neilc Electronics Repair 1 September 3rd 07 11:23 PM
No pictuer, Buzzing sound from tv Panasonic TX-24A1 (sound started for short period now constant) John Bond Electronics Repair 0 March 23rd 05 12:13 PM
Sound proofing terraced house. andrewpreece UK diy 9 January 8th 05 03:54 PM