Posted to alt.home.repair

Default best gloves to protect against table saw?

replying to Greg, Otilio guerra wrote:
Cargill Meat Plant have metal gloves (Wizard of the Oz Tin Mans hand) and a
long wrist band (that are long and almost reach the elbows). No garauntee but
it's still better than nothing.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...aw-533392-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, February 11, 2017 at 10:44:08 PM UTC-5, Otilio guerra wrote:
replying to Greg, Otilio guerra wrote:
Cargill Meat Plant have metal gloves (Wizard of the Oz Tin Mans hand) and a
long wrist band (that are long and almost reach the elbows). No garauntee but
it's still better than nothing.

Metal gloves may be better than nothing as long as your "nothing" includes disregarding
all standard safety techniques.

Proper technique and undivided attention kicks butt over any type of gloves.

It may have been mentioned before, but if someone is so afraid of their table saw,
then perhaps they should consider a Saw Stop or Bosch Reaxx. Both saws have
a sensing system that drops the blade below the table when it comes in contact
with flesh. It's a moisture sensing system.

I don't think you can buy a Reaxx in the US right now due to patent claims by Saw Stop
but I'm not sure if it's a current ban or a soon-to-be ban.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2/11/2017 7:44 PM, Otilio guerra wrote:
replying to Greg, Otilio guerra wrote:
Cargill Meat Plant have metal gloves (Wizard of the Oz Tin Mans hand) and a
long wrist band (that are long and almost reach the elbows). No
garauntee but
it's still better than nothing.

You got 10 fingers, so losing a couple ain't no bother.