Posted to alt.home.repair

Default ow women's liberation began with Jesus

On Friday, December 30, 2016 at 4:22:09 AM UTC-6, Bod wrote:
On 30/12/2016 10:15, Ophelia wrote:
"T" wrote in message news
On 12/29/2016 06:21 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/29/2016 06:53 PM, T wrote:
Hold over hatred from the reformation. The Catholics handled
the Reformation really badly

Well, the Reformation wasn't a reformation, just an introduction of
theological novelties that ultimately fueled the Enlightenment.
Ultimately the Prods got what they deserved, a individualistic secular
society with the mainline protestant sects flat lining. Too bad the
Catholics chose to join the lemming leap after Vatican II. The last Mass
I went to, back in the '80s, might as well have been a Unitarian love
feast.

Hi R,

It was unfortunate that the Reformation had to happen at all.
Had the Catholics not left the Church and remained true to
apostolic teaching and the Councils, the Reformation would have
never happened. And humanity would have not lost ~230,000 souls.

I remember the high Catholic mass when I was a kid (I was raised
Catholic). Much different now-a-days.

I much prefer the way the Ancient Church (Orthodox) does their
services. I have mainly only been able to watch it though.
I love Pascha (Easter) service where the priest sings out
"Christ is Risen!" and the choir blast back at him "Indeed
he is risen!" and then blast away (the priest lights the fuse).

In the Catholic services, it is very much like the Protestants.
The minister talks for a while, then gets a rest while the choir
sings. In the Ancient service, the choir blasts back and forth
with the priest. The folks is suppose to join in too,
but what would life be without the lecture ...

:-)

-T

===============

Ahh memories I was raised catholic too and sang in the church choir
until
my late teens. I haven't been to mass since them and I am told things are
very different I may be wrong but is it no longer in Latin?

I too sang for a few years in a church choir, simply because I loved
singing. I didn't believe in god then and I still don't. Churches have a
nice atmosphere though.
I keep promising to go to midnight mass one day on Christmas day.
Maybe next year.

I used to do work for different churches not because I shared their faith but because the congregation were nice people. The churches I helped out were small and not wealthy but the people there would help others however they could. I don't care for the mega churches because the members of those institutions have a holier than thou attitude and I know some good people who have left those congregations because of such behavior. The megachurches with their millions and lavish facilities are a real turn off to me and a lot of other people. The old country church with its simple structure and a congregation of wonderful, generous people who will help out their fellow man are what I think of as REAL Christians. The megachurch is a country club. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Wicked Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/29/2016 06:53 PM, T wrote:
[...]

We have no megachurches in the UK.

--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America. The rest cheat in Europe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/30/2016 02:55 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I used to do work for different churches not because I shared their faith but because the congregation were nice people. The churches I helped out were small and not wealthy but the people there would help others however they could. I don't care for the mega churches because the members of those institutions have a holier than thou attitude and I know some good people who have left those congregations because of such behavior. The megachurches with their millions and lavish facilities are a real turn off to me and a lot of other people. The old country church with its simple structure and a congregation of wonderful, generous people who will help out their fellow man are what I think of as REAL Christians. The megachurch is a country club. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

I have noticed the same thing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

There's a lot of truth in what you are saying.