DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Confused about Kohler "tile-in" sink (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/58323-confused-about-kohler-%22tile-%22-sink.html)

Scott June 1st 04 11:29 PM

Confused about Kohler "tile-in" sink

I'm confused about this particular Kohler sink:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal...=Kitchen+Sinks

which is described as being for "tile-in or metal frame installation". The
installation guide describes the tile-in option as mounting the sink flush
with the surrounding tile -- which I've heard of. But the other sinks I've
seen designed for this kind of installation had square corners. This one
has rounded corners - could a tile installer really cut curved pieces
accurately enough to mate with these corners?

The reason I ask is that we have this sink sitting in our living room :) We
bought it because it's an exact match for the old sink we're removing, but
I'm wondering if we should exchange it. The countertop we pulled out was a
mortar job with the sink edge concealed under the tile. But it seems
nowadays all the tile installers use backerboard and I'm at kind of a loss
how this sink is meant to be installed.

Scott

Rudy June 2nd 04 09:56 PM

Confused about Kohler "tile-in" sink

which is described as being for "tile-in or metal frame installation".

Our Kohler Exec Chef K5931 ? "tile in" model had square corners. The round
corner model hada different number. This may be the case with yours but I
see in the Kohler info that it seems to only come with rounded. That said,
any average tile setter can cut round tilecorners.