Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Political

Though I've been keeping my political remarks to a minimum ...here is
the exact quote from Gingrich. He made this yesterday on the 75th
anniversary of Pearl Harbor:

"75 years ago the Japanese displayed professional brilliance and
technological power launching surprises from Hawaii to the Philippines."

One would think the day would have been a good one to praise America but
instead he chose to praise the enemy.

As a veteran who has come from a family of veterans I am beyond sickened
at such a traitorous and disgusting remark. The above quote was a "stand
alone" quote and was not been taken out of context.

Had the statement been part of of a broader analysis it might have been
a different issue but it's false no matter how one looks at it. The US
military knew Japan was going to attack, it was generally thought that
it would be more likely to occur in the Philippines. As to the
"brilliance" most of the US fleet was out to sea and from a purely
tactical move on the part of Japan, probably could not have been a worse
day.

It's going to be very difficult for Trump's team to sink below this
level, but Trump is pretty smart and I'm sure things will get even
worse. Perhaps Gingrich can praise the "911" attackers next.

OT-NOT POLITICAL Lowell Holmes Woodworking 10 August 7th 09 02:04 PM
Way OT and political, too LRod[_2_] Woodworking 352 May 14th 09 01:21 AM
OT Political Eric R Snow Metalworking 0 September 23rd 05 12:57 AM
OT Political tony1158 Woodworking 37 October 28th 04 08:42 PM