Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
ROBMURR

Default vented or ventless fireplace?

Its a little warm here to be talking about fireplaces but I have some
questions.
I have a prefab wood burning fireplace with gas starter that really puts out no
heat and when is not used lets drafts in. Also my wooden chimney box is in bad
shape
and I want to just remove it from the house(ranch style) and put new siding on
the back of the house..This would give me more patio room as well since the
chimney box intrudes into that space.
I would rather put the money it would take to repair the chimney into a
vented/ventless type fireplace. looks like the vented style would be easy to
run its intake/exhaust thru the wall behind the fireplace. Of course the
ventless would be even easier to install.
Anyone have this type of fireplace? Any comments welcome.
Do they work well? How about cost to use? Comfort?
Thanks!
Rob