Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DirecTV glitch with FoxNews -- yeah, right.

Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway writes:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

CNN has the same problem. So it's not partisan crap.

Perhaps someone has just gotten sick and tired of both of them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/4/2016 2:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

**** happens. Seems like some of the viewers have unrealistic
expectations that TV never fails.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 15:56:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/4/2016 2:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

**** happens. Seems like some of the viewers have unrealistic
expectations that TV never fails.

It seems a little suspect that is only that particular channel.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/4/2016 6:23 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 15:56:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/4/2016 2:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

**** happens. Seems like some of the viewers have unrealistic
expectations that TV never fails.

It seems a little suspect that is only that particular channel.

Eight were out. CNN was also out. It was the HD, you could still watch
the SD version. There are always a few conspiracy nut that think they
are singled out.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 6:04:43 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/4/2016 6:23 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 15:56:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/4/2016 2:55 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

**** happens. Seems like some of the viewers have unrealistic
expectations that TV never fails.

It seems a little suspect that is only that particular channel.

Eight were out. CNN was also out. It was the HD, you could still watch
the SD version. There are always a few conspiracy nut that think they
are singled out.

ALL the channels had a glitch of some sort. I kept getting an
onscreen message that my online guide had not received updates
in 10 hours. Then the screen would time out but I could still
hear the audio. Once I would press the 'Select' button the pic-
ture would reappear.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gordon Shumway posted for all of us...

Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

I had the same problem on Comblast. Of course their tech support was unaware
of any problem. (After two weeks of nonsense). I got tier 3 techs whom still
haven't got back to me. I got disconnected 8 times and made 12 calls-wait
times of 5 hours...

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 2:55:50 PM UTC-4, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Now I know why I am having trouble getting FoxNews on DirecTV. I just don't know WHO is causing the trouble.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/04...rustrated.html

Why do you say you "just don't know WHO is causing the trouble"?

The article *you* posted says:

"AT&T released the following statement:"

The "who" is AT&T, or, to be more precise, AT&T's equipment and/or software.

If we time-shift to a later post, you'll say:

"It seems a little suspect that is only that particular channel."

Did you even read the info at the link *you* posted? Here, let me make it
easy for you:

"Early this morning, a technical issue impacted the high definition (HD) channels of the following networks for our satellite customers:

BBC World News, CNN, Comedy Central, FOX News, Fusion, Golf, NBC Sports, Ovation

With the exception of Fusion and BBC World News, we continued to provide the standard definition (SD) versions of these channels to our customers."

Nothing suspect happening to anyone. Don't be so friggin' paranoid.