Bluesman

Default Help - Shelves are falling out of the wall...

HI ~

There are three shelves in my office/junkroom that are screwed into
the wall (drywall) with screws into plastic anchors. They held for a
couple of years, but now the top screw came loose and left a big hole.
What can I fill the hole with that I can screw into to keep the shelf
in place?

Thanks,

Bluesman
dadiOH

Bluesman wrote:
HI ~

There are three shelves in my office/junkroom that are screwed into
the wall (drywall) with screws into plastic anchors. They held for
a couple of years, but now the top screw came loose and left a big
hole. What can I fill the hole with that I can screw into to keep
the shelf in place?

How the hell do you screw a shelf directly to a wall? The thing needs to be
supported at the ends. And along the length if other than quite short.

No matter, make new holes and use molly bolts. Or toggle bolts. Better,
afix a nailing strip to the wall, screwing into studs, and attach the shelf
to it.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

NorMinn

Bluesman wrote:
HI ~

There are three shelves in my office/junkroom that are screwed into
the wall (drywall) with screws into plastic anchors. They held for a
couple of years, but now the top screw came loose and left a big hole.
What can I fill the hole with that I can screw into to keep the shelf
in place?

Thanks,

Bluesman

Bolt into the studs. Surprised they stayed up a couple of years.