James Cloud

Default Leaking lawn sprinkler system

I turned on my lawn sprinkler system for the first time this year and
found one of the zones is leaking -- there is a puddle in my lawn.
The rest of zones are working fine. I dug the lawn up near the puddle
area and could see water gushing out from the black sprinkler tubing .
There's no fittings visible near that area as far as I could tell.

My question is: What are my repair options? Anyway to do this
myself? Thanks,
James
HRL

James Cloud wrote:
I turned on my lawn sprinkler system for the first time this year and
found one of the zones is leaking -- there is a puddle in my lawn.
The rest of zones are working fine. I dug the lawn up near the puddle
area and could see water gushing out from the black sprinkler tubing .
There's no fittings visible near that area as far as I could tell.

My question is: What are my repair options? Anyway to do this
myself? Thanks,
James

Easy to fis. Just go to a store like Home Depot or Lowes and get a
coupler. Some are easier to use than others.

You cut out the section of the pipe that is cracked and insert a coupler.

One method is to insert a coupler into the inside of the pipe. That is
a bit of a job as you have to get enough flex in the pipe to get it into
both sections. Then put hose clamps on the ends.

Another is one that couples over the outside. A bit more expensive to
buy but a lot easier to install.

Units are similar to those used to repair garden hose.