Brandon

Default Replace Steel Bars Fibers with Barchip Structural Synthetic Fibres

High steel prices has forced me to seek alternative concrete
reinforcement methods and someone suggested to me to try barchip
structural synthetic fibres by elastoplastic.com has anyone tried this
and what were your results in implemenation. Please advise, thanks in
advance.
ameijers

"Brandon" wrote in message
om...
High steel prices has forced me to seek alternative concrete
reinforcement methods and someone suggested to me to try barchip
structural synthetic fibres by elastoplastic.com has anyone tried this
and what were your results in implemenation. Please advise, thanks in
advance.

I can't speak to how well the fibre stuff works (I've heard stories both
ways), but before you go down that road, recommend you call local code
office and see if it will pass inspection in your area, if what you are
doing requires a permit. Code standards sometimes take a few years to catch
up with new building methods. If your budget is so tight that the cost of
rebar is a dealbreaker, perhaps you need to reexamine your design specs for
the project.

aem sends...