Default asbestos in lath and plaster walls/ceiling?

Hi, our house was built in Southern California in 1958. The walls and
ceiling are smooth lath and plaster. About 5 years back the previous
owners put in central air and heat and I believe they found asbestos
insulation in the attic which was removed by an asbestos removal
company.

Anyway, our contractor needed to put in a new ceiling (he was removing
soffits and putting in a flared skylight) and also took a pocket door
out so that the door way is now double the standard size. Needless to
say there was/is a lot of dust.

So now (a bit late I admit) I didn't realize that plaster could
possibly contain asbestos... I thought it was ceiling insulation,
popcorn texturing and vinyl floor tiles...my contractor didn't say
anything either... what I'm wondering is how likely is it that any of
the plaster contains asbestos?
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message

what I'm wondering is how likely is it that any of
the plaster contains asbestos?

Probably slim. You can buy kits for testing if you are concerned.

Asbestos is harmless if left intact. It is only the particles that become
airborne and then breathed into you lungs you have to be concerned about. A
coat of paint keeps thing sealed.
Ed