Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Charter spectrum home phone

How do I install a phone?
I have charter triple play, tv, internet and home phone.
Is there a certain kind of phone I need?

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...e-1113225-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 10:14:05 PM UTC-5, Melissa Blevins wrote:
How do I install a phone?
I have charter triple play, tv, internet and home phone.
Is there a certain kind of phone I need?
--

Plug the phone into the jack on the modem. My brother has a cable modem for high speed Internet and phone service which has standard phone jacks on the back. Your box supplied by Charter should have phone jacks on the back. Did the installer not explain to you where to plug in your phone? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[8~{} Uncle Cable Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/01/2016 03:14 AM, Melissa Blevins wrote:
How do I install a phone?
I have charter triple play, tv, internet and home phone. Is there a certain kind of phone I need?

Any single-line touch-tone corded POTS phone should work.
Posted to alt.home.repair
AL AL is offline

On 11/1/2016 1:56 AM, Bill wrote:
On 11/01/2016 03:14 AM, Melissa Blevins wrote:
How do I install a phone?
I have charter triple play, tv, internet and home phone. Is there a
certain kind of phone I need?

Any single-line touch-tone corded POTS phone should work.

If one has an old house like mine that is wired for POTS with jacks in
all the rooms they can still be used with a cable modem. First
disconnect the house cable from the incoming telephone service cable
(outside) and insulate all the house cable wire endings. Then connect
the modem to a nearby inside room jack with a standard telephone wire
(RJ11 male to male). Now you have phone access in all your rooms just
like your previous POTS service.

With cordless phones this is perhaps not as important these days.
However using this method I was able to locate my cordless base station
in a more convenient location in another room away from the modem. Also
I have a standard wired phone on one of the jacks that still works in
power outages. (My modem has a backup battery but my cordless base
doesn't. YMMV.) Course having cell phones a lack of wired service might
not be the problem it once was.

How does Charter phone connect to the phone lines? Metspitzer Home Repair 14 September 10th 12 09:00 PM
$20/Year home Phone Service? Patrick[_5_] Home Repair 0 February 8th 08 03:35 AM
Home phone wiring mgarvie Home Repair 8 March 10th 06 04:10 PM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Jerry Greenberg Metalworking 0 July 16th 03 01:33 AM
2.4Ghz phone vs 900Mhz Spread Spectrum Robin S. Electronics Repair 0 July 15th 03 03:43 PM