DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ceiling tiles for sound: Flexible or hard, much of a difference? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/55967-ceiling-tiles-sound-flexible-hard-much-difference.html)

lbbs March 22nd 04 05:37 PM

Ceiling tiles for sound: Flexible or hard, much of a difference?

I was just wondering if I replace my flexible 4x2 ceiling tiles with the
hard type with I notice the difference in sound proofing?

lbbs March 22nd 04 07:48 PM

Ceiling tiles for sound: Flexible or hard, much of a difference?

I call all kinds of hardware stores to see which of the two is better for
sound.
the opinions are split 50/50 between flexible and hard type. I
personally
think the hard type are better, I wonder if replacing them with this type
will actually make a noticeable difference to be worth replacing them?

Tom Baker March 22nd 04 11:10 PM

"lbbs" wrote in message
I was just wondering if I replace my flexible 4x2 ceiling tiles with the
hard type with I notice the difference in sound proofing?

The tile manufacturer should provide information on the tile.

TB