tflfb

Default Laminate Floor Question

Does dirt accumulate in the seams of light colored laminate wood floor
covering, like it does on vinyl tile squares.

Thanks

Tom

PJx

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:45:35 -0600, "tflfb" wrote:

Does dirt accumulate in the seams of light colored laminate wood floor
covering, like it does on vinyl tile squares.

Thanks

Tom

No. The tiny cracks are filled with the covering of your choice,
preferably some nice looking floor wax.
PJ

Sonny

"PJx" wrote in message

No. The tiny cracks are filled with the covering of your choice,
preferably some nice looking floor wax.
PJ

You do not wax laminate floors. The manufacturers even say _never_ wax. On
a decent grade of laminate (most major manufacturers), if the install is
good you won't have any cracks.

SQLit

"tflfb" wrote in message
Does dirt accumulate in the seams of light colored laminate wood floor
covering, like it does on vinyl tile squares.

Thanks

Tom

I just purchased a Hoover 3000 hard floor cleaner. I am impressed. The
return water is terrible color and the dirt it picks up is mind boggling. I
have 2 dogs and never thought it was this bad. I recently had back surgery
and I can not push and pull a mop around like I used to.

Well worth the $169.00 at target I spent. Ceramic tile, what a job it
does....
Granted it does not do corners and it only gets with in a 1/2 inch of the
sides. Still better than a mop and bucket.

PJx

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:13:18 GMT, "Sonny" none@ gojuice.com wrote:

"PJx" wrote in message

No. The tiny cracks are filled with the covering of your choice,
preferably some nice looking floor wax.
PJ

You do not wax laminate floors. The manufacturers even say _never_ wax. On
a decent grade of laminate (most major manufacturers), if the install is
good you won't have any cracks.

Thats true, but mine is less than 3 years old and the most used areas
already require a liquid wax to look half decent.

PJ

Edwin Pawlowski

PJx wrote:

Thats true, but mine is less than 3 years old and the most used areas
already require a liquid wax to look half decent.

PJ

Wow, mine is six years old and look perfect. It is the most heavily
travelled part of the house from the kitchen to the stairs to the front door
and family room.
--
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Sonny

"PJx" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:13:18 GMT, "Sonny" none@ gojuice.com wrote:
Thats true, but mine is less than 3 years old and the most used areas
already require a liquid wax to look half decent.

PJ

On the personel note, I have 11+ yrs. on my laminate. Looks as good as the
day I put it down. Gone through a playful Labrador, and have a Rottweiler
that loves play catch in the house. I will be tearing it up for some
remodeling work, but will only install quality once again.

tflfb

I have two small dogs and there inside dogs but they do have dirty paws from
time to time.
I currently have a off white sheet vinyl floor in the kitchen that is porous
and dirt does get in the pores and I have to work my ass off to keep it
clean, we were looking at a light maple colored laminate, but I don't want
to have to clean the seams, where it joins together.

Tom