Mason121

Default Tecumseh HMSK-80 Hard to start, need help

It felt as though there is no spark.

What do you mean by "it felt as though there was no spark"? Did you actually
test to see if there was a spark? I have a
19 yr. old Toro that wouldn`t start this year. 2 yr. old gas. I checked for
spark and got shocked.....yes there was spark.
I actually took off the recoil system and put a 3/4 in. socket on the
bolt under their and used a drill to crank the thing.
While cranking the engine I got nada until I kept pressing the primer again and
again.
It did then start but went crazy full bore.
I finally realized the governor on the carb. was frozen............stuck.
Maybe leaving it outside let some water froze on the same part? Just a
suggestion.
Dan.

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
plastering Jon W UK diy 12 March 8th 04 11:13 PM