Buck Turgidson

Default DryLok - Latex or Oil

I plan to paint my basement cinderblocks with DryLok. I don't get leakage
per se, but I do get efflorescence buildup, which tends to lift the paint
off the cinderblocks.

Any opinions or advice on the relative merits of latex vs oil DryLok?

Kyle Boatright

I've only used the latex. It did the job. Be sure you follow the prep
instructions, which include a good cleaning of the surface and removing any
efflourscence buildup..

KB
"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
I plan to paint my basement cinderblocks with DryLok. I don't get leakage
per se, but I do get efflorescence buildup, which tends to lift the paint
off the cinderblocks.

Any opinions or advice on the relative merits of latex vs oil DryLok?

SilverUnicorn

We used latex, only because we had to live in the house when we did it. The
oil based stuff is a much stronger odor. The laytex has worked well for us
thus far, and did not smell too bad.

Chris