Margie Davis

Default no hot water w/recirc pump off

We had a recirculating pump installed in our new house to provide instant
hot water in the master bathroom and the kitchen. We keep it on a timer,
shutting it off at night. The other night I ran the bath in the master bath
and after 20 minutes, all I got was tepid water. Same in the kitchen.
Another bathroom, not on the recirculation pump, had plenty of hot water.
Should I be able to get hot water in the master bathroom and kitchen when
the recirc pump is off?

HA HA Budys Here

You should, but it seems like the cold water is back-feeding through the pump
when it's off. Is there a check valve to prevent cold-water backflow?
Margie Davis

Good question - I'll ask the plumber who says there is nothing wrong.

"HA HA Budys Here" wrote in message
You should, but it seems like the cold water is back-feeding through the

pump
when it's off. Is there a check valve to prevent cold-water backflow?

Jeff Wisnia

Margie Davis wrote:

Good question - I'll ask the plumber who says there is nothing wrong.

If you told your plumber what you told us, and he said, "There is
nothing wrong.", then you better find a new plumber.

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)