Ace

Default Basement Buddy water pressusure sump pump opinion

What is your opinion of this water pressure backup sump pump compared to the
others on the market? It has mostly brass parts compare to thee others I
have checked on.
Thanks for your help.

m Ransley

you gave no site info

Joseph Meehan

It works as long as you don't need it to pump too much water over too
high a head.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Ace" wrote in message
What is your opinion of this water pressure backup sump pump compared to

the
others on the market? It has mostly brass parts compare to thee others I
have checked on.
Thanks for your help.

Ace

www.basementbuddy.com

"m Ransley" wrote in message
you gave no site info

m Ransley

It sounds good, how long has the Co been making them. Zoeller and
Basepump are the ones I heard of. Zoeller has been in business a
while. Sure beats a battery set up.

Brad

In article , sligojoeS_PAM_2
@hotmail.com said...
It works as long as you don't need it to pump too much water over too
high a head.

And as long as you don't have a well.
Jim Elbrecht

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:28:09 GMT, "Ace" wrote:

What is your opinion of this water pressure backup sump pump compared to the
others on the market? It has mostly brass parts compare to thee others I
have checked on.
Thanks for your help.

I just bought a "Sump Buddy" by Bur-Cam [in Quebec Tel514)337-4415 ]
from Home Depot for $99 USD. HD doesn't have it on their website,
but I found it in 2 different [upstate NY] HDs.

It is made of mostly plastic, with brass fittings and rubber parts.
[2 yr warranty]

If I'm reading the Basement Buddy specs right, the Sump-Buddy is
making a slightly lower GPH claim.

I *Think* the Basement Buddy is saying that at 5' of head it
discharges a total of 1000GPH including the 300 gallons of water it
uses to run. [700 GPH sump water -- that's a major problem, eh?]

The Bur-Cam Sump-Buddy claims 600GPH at 5' of head. I think at
either rate you should be looking for sandbags, not a sump pump.

My local water is very hard & has lots of chlorine. I'm just
guessing, but I think plastic will last longer in it than brass.
[OTOH, if I'm lucky, this thing will just sit in my basement sump hole
for 20 yrs and never have any city water pumped through it.]

Jim
Gary Slusser

"Jim Elbrecht" wrote
[...]

They are using a deep well jet pump j-body, and controlling flow with a
float switch that controls a normally open solenoid valve. A pump guy, well
driller or pump supply house has all the parts.

Gary
Quality Water Associates
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Gary Slusser's Bulletin Board www.qualitywaterassociates.com/phpBB2/