DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wood burning fireplace inserts (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/53725-wood-burning-fireplace-inserts.html)

RM2695 January 20th 04 12:17 AM

wood burning fireplace inserts

Looking for comments good and bad wood burning fireplace inserts.
Such as door glass staying clean, oder when not in use heat output and such.
like.

Thanks
Ray M

[email protected] January 20th 04 01:21 AM

wood burning fireplace inserts

I have a Napoleon 1401 insert

http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/We...erts/1401.html

Glass stays clean, no odour when not in use as I have a chimney liner
to top. greta heat output, burning hardwoods I can heat 1200 sq ft
bungalow to 72 deg F. when outsie temps are -20F..!

Roger January 20th 04 05:03 AM

"RM2695" wrote in message
Looking for comments good and bad wood burning fireplace inserts.
Such as door glass staying clean, oder when not in use heat output and

such.
like.

Suggest you ask this question of alt.energy.homepower - they have some real
wood stove and insert experts that tune in there.
I got lots of good advice from that newsgroup before I put in our
freestanding woodstove.

Mike January 20th 04 04:26 PM

wrote in message . ..
I have a Napoleon 1401 insert

http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/We...erts/1401.html

Glass stays clean, no odour when not in use as I have a chimney liner
to top. greta heat output, burning hardwoods I can heat 1200 sq ft
bungalow to 72 deg F. when outsie temps are -20F..!

On 20 Jan 2004 00:17:19 GMT, (RM2695) wrote:

Looking for comments good and bad wood burning fireplace inserts.
Such as door glass staying clean, oder when not in use heat output and such.
like.

Thanks
Ray M

Hi

I have a pacific Energy wood burning insert. i got it about 15 months
ago. It works great, keeps the house very warm. It comes with a blower
so the heat moves away from the insert. I am going to install a
ceiling fan in the living room also to help move the heat better. As
for the glass door, when I first bought the insert I tried to keep it
spotless with cleaners, whick is a pain. I found out a good hot fire
will clean the glass too.

Good Luck
Michael