cj_shadow

Default Whirlpool Catalyst Digital Washer Doesn't Start

Yes I checked the 120vac

This unit has a touch switch and microcomputer. When ON is pressed
the washer works for a short time (10 seconds to a few minutes) and
shuts off, just as if OFF was pressed.

I'm an experienced appliance and electronic repair technician. I
walked through Problem A of the TECH SHEET troubleshooting guide
(document part no. 377904-B). I check the ac voltages supplied by the
Trans/Relay Assembly and performed the Microcomputer Test and Touch
Switch Continuity Test. Both Problem A and the Microcomputer Test
directed me to change out the microcomputer. The Microcomputer Test
ran for a short time and then shut off, I tried this a few times and
it shut off at different points in the test. I had to test the touch
switch manually checking for continuity at P4 as each switch was
depressed. The switch assembly looks good.

Assuming that you concur, the bottom line is that I need to replace
the microcomputer PN 3407003 that costs $150. I know that I'd have a
fair shot at fixing it if I had the schematic but can't find it
anywhere. I'll start by checking all the caps & resisters and may
decide to change out some of the digital components, assuming that I
can find them.

Feedback Welcomed!

jeff

(cj_shadow) wrote in message . com...

Hi,

Whirlpool Catalyst Digital Washer Doesn't Start

Model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

[...]

A little cheaper at link below...

http://tinyurl.com/3767h

I know that I'd have a
fair shot at fixing it if I had the schematic but can't find it
anywhere.

The wiring diagram for the machine is missing? There wont be a diagram
for the board only

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/