PJx

Default Wall removal

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:54:35 GMT, "Jerry Gilreath"
wrote:

Well I didn't make my self clear in my o/p. The boat port is on the right
side of the garage. I want to move the wall of the garage in about 2 foot to
give more room on the right out side. I'm right on the property line now, so
move out isn't an option.

We can't see it from here, but if the inside wall is not load
bearing, then you can do what you like. Even if it is, with enough
extra bracing you should be able to do it.

PJ

Paul Furman

2 feet isn't really enough room to get by properly. 30" or 36" is
better, check codes.

It's really hard to guess what your roof is like. Also there is the
question of a foundation. The garage slab is almost surely not thick
enough & I suppose the weight could crack it.

video on plastering TXXT123 UK diy 9 September 2nd 04 11:21 PM
Building a retaining wall next to house wall. Adam UK diy 3 May 24th 04 04:19 PM
"Damp" internal wall - initial measurements made. Any ideas? Clive Long,UK UK diy 5 January 30th 04 09:28 AM
Bad odor coming from expansion joint around interior wall of home John Hughes Home Repair 2 December 9th 03 06:05 PM
Dry Rock Retaining Wall RedHeadAllDay Home Repair 4 August 18th 03 02:12 PM