vairxpert

Default Question about ceramic tile grades

I'm in the process of remodeling my main bathroom and would like to
use some ceramic floor tiles that I aquired for nothing about 10 years
ago. Exact color and size that I want and the cases are still sealed.

Problem is, I have no idea what grade these are. The only ratings I
know of are group numbers 1 through 5.

The grade rating on these tiles state: A-EXTRA.

Anyone ever heard of this type of rating and what it's suitable for?

Thanks,

George
Lewis Campbell

Do you have a Home Depot anywhere close to you?

I have found the tile people there to be very knowledgeable and they have
had ALL the answers that I needed.

--
Lewis.

*******************************

"vairxpert" wrote in message
I'm in the process of remodeling my main bathroom and would like to
use some ceramic floor tiles that I aquired for nothing about 10 years
ago. Exact color and size that I want and the cases are still sealed.

Problem is, I have no idea what grade these are. The only ratings I
know of are group numbers 1 through 5.

The grade rating on these tiles state: A-EXTRA.

Anyone ever heard of this type of rating and what it's suitable for?

Thanks,

George

Richard J Kinch

vairxpert writes:

The only ratings I
know of are group numbers 1 through 5.

There are various ratings, regarding properties like water absorption,
coefficient of friction, size tolerance, etc. No one property
characterizes tile.