allan

Default Delta faucet ring very tight

My son just moved into a townhouse, he has a delta faucet that leaks ,
got the kit. How to remove the round ring that must have been
tightened by a gorilla. Is there a trick. or a special tool. This is
under the handle that an allen wrench took off.
Edwin Pawlowski

"allan" wrote in message
My son just moved into a townhouse, he has a delta faucet that leaks ,
got the kit. How to remove the round ring that must have been
tightened by a gorilla. Is there a trick. or a special tool. This is
under the handle that an allen wrench took off.

Wrap it with a couple of layers of cloth and grab a pipe wrench or channel
lock pliers.
Ed

Jeff Wisnia

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"allan" wrote in message
My son just moved into a townhouse, he has a delta faucet that leaks ,
got the kit. How to remove the round ring that must have been
tightened by a gorilla. Is there a trick. or a special tool. This is
under the handle that an allen wrench took off.

Wrap it with a couple of layers of cloth and grab a pipe wrench or channel
lock pliers.
Ed

Do that and you'll most likely still mar it up, right through the cloth.

The last time I had to remove that piece from our Delta kitchen faucet I used
one of those rubber strip strap wrenches that are being sold every place now.
It worked great.

Harbor freight is currently selling a pair of them for under $10. See:

I've been a tool nut for about 50 years now, and when I first saw these types
of wrenches being "pushed" in TV ads a couple of years ago I thought they
couldn't possibly be as useful as the ad made them look. I was wrong. When
prices for them got down to under $20 at Harbor Freight I sprang for a pair
when I was ordering some other stuff from them.

Just last night I used them to get the screw top off an old plastic Skippy
peanut butter jar in which I'd stored some leftover latex paint. There was
some hardened paint (not very much as it turned out) gluing the lid on
"tighter than a bull's bunghole in fly season", and for a moment I thought I'd
have to cut the jar to get at the paint. I put one strap wrench on the jar and
the other around the cap, gave a mighty tug, and it came free.

I've ordered six sets from HF to use as holiday gifts.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"If you can keep smiling when things go wrong, you've thought of someone to
place the blame on."