Default Bathroom Floor and Baseboard Tile

Redoing bathroom floor tile and tile baseboard.

I've been told that when laying the floor tile, I must leave a small
expansion gap between the tile and wall. Can anyone confirm?:

Also, should the tile baseboard along the wall rest on the floor tile or
should there be a small gap between the two? If there is a gap, won't the
grout get forced into it and then eliminate the small expansion gap that I
created when laying the floor?

Thanks for the help, folks.

Chief

"C" wrote in message
Redoing bathroom floor tile and tile baseboard.

I've been told that when laying the floor tile, I must leave a small
expansion gap between the tile and wall. Can anyone confirm?:

install cove base (baseboard) 1st. then tile the floor.

Also, should the tile baseboard along the wall rest on the floor tile or
should there be a small gap between the two? If there is a gap, won't the
grout get forced into it and then eliminate the small expansion gap that I
created when laying the floor?

Thanks for the help, folks.

install cove base (baseboard) 1st. then tile the floor.

BKS

Leave the gap (don't put grout on the wall side of the tile) and then use
baseboard or cove molding to cover it up.

Taunton's has excellent books on laying tile---check there for "expansion
gaps"---I've never used one. Three tile floors and five years later no
problems with any of this in my house (an old house with radiators and wild
swings in temp. and humiditiy).