k conover

Default Refrigerator dying?

I have an older Kenmore (no idea how old, but it's starting to rust)
refrigerator, freezer on top. When I open the freezer door, I'm hit in the
face with a blowing mist which is churning out from the top unit. I realize
this is how the freezer keeps stuff cold, but it seems much more than usual.
The refrigerator also seems to be running almost constantly. I know that
this thing could be an major energy sucker--is there any way to tell if it's
on its last legs short of a visit from the appliance repair guy?
Thanks!
Kirsten

mark Ransley

get a new one you could save 20 a month in electric, better return than
putting your money in the bank.

Dan O.

k conover wrote in message ...

I have an older Kenmore refrigerator, freezer on top.
When I open the freezer door, I'm hit in the face with
a blowing mist which is churning out from the top unit.

I realize this is how the freezer keeps stuff cold, but it
seems much more than usual.

Any "mist" you see if likely the cold air condensing the moisture in
the warm room air as they meet.

The refrigerator also seems to be running
almost constantly.

A plugged condenser coil can cause that on forced air (fan by the
compressor) models. Such a refrigerator's condenser should be cleaned
several times a year, more if you have pets. Doing so will ensure the
fridge is working as well as it can while consuming the least amount
of energy,

is there any way to tell if it's on its last legs

If it is cooling properly (by the sounds of it it is), it shouldn't be
"on its last legs".

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Kenmore+fridge

=Ð~~~~~~

TURTLE

"k conover" wrote in message
I have an older Kenmore (no idea how old, but it's starting to rust)
refrigerator, freezer on top. When I open the freezer door, I'm hit in

the
face with a blowing mist which is churning out from the top unit. I

realize
this is how the freezer keeps stuff cold, but it seems much more than

usual.
The refrigerator also seems to be running almost constantly. I know that
this thing could be an major energy sucker--is there any way to tell if

it's
on its last legs short of a visit from the appliance repair guy?
Thanks!
Kirsten

This is Turtle.

Any freezer that is blowing out zero degrees air out into a warm room will
make foggey mist of moisture that will feel very damp & cold air. Now mostly
on humid days.

TURTLE