JR

Default Sealant recommendation (fountain and hardwood floor)

Two semi-related questions. First off, I have a swimming pool with a
small waterfall (maybe 3.5 feet high) where the water spills from the
top onto one rock, then another, then another, then into the pool.
This waterfall is leaking as I can see the water slowing coming out
the back side of the waterfall. I used some water resistant type of
caulking to get in the spots where I thought it might be leaking that
didn't work. Caulking is to speacific and I'm looking for perhaps
some type of clear sealant I can use a paint brush with and go all
around where the rocks meet (which currently has concrete holding it
together). I can't seem to find something that would work though.
Any suggestions?

Secondly, I have a hardwood floor in the kitchen which recently saw
some minor water damage. In some areas, any water that gets on the
floor can seep between the boards. I'm looking for a recommendation
on a type of sealant for this as well.

Thank you in advance on suggestions to one or both of these!!!
Colbyt

"JR" wrote in message
m...
Two semi-related questions. First off, I have a swimming pool with a
small waterfall (maybe 3.5 feet high) where the water spills from the
top onto one rock, then another, then another, then into the pool.
This waterfall is leaking as I can see the water slowing coming out
the back side of the waterfall. I used some water resistant type of
caulking to get in the spots where I thought it might be leaking that
didn't work. Caulking is to speacific and I'm looking for perhaps
some type of clear sealant I can use a paint brush with and go all
around where the rocks meet (which currently has concrete holding it
together). I can't seem to find something that would work though.
Any suggestions?

There is a latex based sealant sold where bricks are sold that will seal
brick and sound mortar joints against weeping. Normally it is applied with
a brush or roller. If you have visible cracks I would dry it out and use
100% clear silicone first. Not sure if either of these will work for your
intended purpose but at least it gives you a starting point.

--
Colbyt
Remove " stopspam." from the email address to reply via email

Evan

"JR" wrote in message
m...

Secondly, I have a hardwood floor in the kitchen which recently saw
some minor water damage. In some areas, any water that gets on the
floor can seep between the boards. I'm looking for a recommendation
on a type of sealant for this as well.

Thank you in advance on suggestions to one or both of these!!!

Polyurethane is the best thing for wood floors, if it's a high traffic area
3 to 4 coats of a good ployurethane. It is the same stuff that schools use
on gym floors, and taverns use on wood bar tops.

Evan

---