DJA

Default Chimney cap question

I want to put a cap on my chimney to keep the squirrels from dropping debris
into the flue. The chimney actually has 3 terracotta pipes at the top. They
are side-by-side and form a large rectangle

-------------------------
| 1 | 2 | 3 |
| | | |
-------------------------

Do I have to get a cap to cover all three? I look at other chimneys and it
seems many have a cap on just one of the pipes. What are the different
pipes?

Thanks,
Dave

Randd01

You must have two fireplaces and one furnace from the sounds of it. They make
stainless steel caps that would cover all three flu's They require being set in
the cement around the outside edge of the chimney. Mine was 18X30 and cost $250
installed.