Kyle Boatright

Default Ceramic Tile in Shower Question

I'm installing tile over backerboard. The backerboard transitions to
sheetrock. I'd like to overlap the tile 1/4" to 1/2" onto the drywall
(this should make the transition more attractive)...

Anyway:

1) Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

2) Should I prime the sheetrock first, or just install the tile, then prime
and paint up to the tile.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Charlie Spitzer

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
I'm installing tile over backerboard. The backerboard transitions to
sheetrock. I'd like to overlap the tile 1/4" to 1/2" onto the drywall
(this should make the transition more attractive)...

use greenboard

Anyway:

1) Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

no. it'll look better if you use some sort of bullnose or edged tile

2) Should I prime the sheetrock first, or just install the tile, then

prime
and paint up to the tile.

priming not needed

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

Amos

Kyle Boatright wrote:

I'm installing tile over backerboard. The backerboard transitions to
sheetrock. I'd like to overlap the tile 1/4" to 1/2" onto the drywall
(this should make the transition more attractive)...

With the proper tile edging (trim) yes.

Anyway:

1) Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?

No.

2) Should I prime the sheetrock first, or just install the tile, then prime
and paint up to the tile.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

No need to prime first or (use greenboard as chuckup spitter suggested)
if it's not inside the shower or tub.

Floor tile question PoP UK diy 11 February 14th 04 01:46 AM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM
Tiling Shower Area - adhesive spreading and tile cutting problems JohnB UK diy 7 July 20th 03 10:43 AM