Default Gas Grills

I hope there are some gas-grill experts here;

My ( LP ) gas grill burns with a yellow flame.
I know the "ideal" is supposed to be a blue flame,
indicating optimum gas/air mix.

Yet, looking at the valves/mixer, etc,
I see no means to adjust the gas/air ratio.

????
rj
Don Wiss

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:22:55 -0400, "RJ" wrote:

I hope there are some gas-grill experts here;

Many more in alt.food.barbecue.

Don donwiss at panix.com.
Dan O.

"RJ" wrote

I hope there are some gas-grill experts here;

My ( LP ) gas grill burns with a yellow flame.
I know the "ideal" is supposed to be a blue flame,
indicating optimum gas/air mix.

Yet, looking at the valves/mixer, etc,
I see no means to adjust the gas/air ratio.

donald girod wrote in message ...

In my experience this has been caused by junk in
the burner. They corrode and rust falls into the interior.

I have the same problem with my Thermos model since day 1 (brand new). It
doesn't have adjustable venturis either but instead they are covered with a
screen (welded on) to keep spiders, etc. out.

I have seen aftermarket clip-on venturi shutters available but haven't tried
installing them on mine yet. I would really like a hotter blue flame so I
can cook my steaks rare like I like them. I find it's not really possible
with only yellow flames.

Check at a local HVAC supplier or a BBQ repair depot to see if they have
something which will work.

FWIW

Dan O.
-