DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hayward pump cycling on/off before blowing breaker (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/46535-hayward-pump-cycling-off-before-blowing-breaker.html)

Ken June 29th 03 03:19 AM

Hayward pump cycling on/off before blowing breaker

I just returned from vacation and found the 20amp circuit breaker
tripped that my hayward pool filter is plugged into. I inspected the
filter and found a ton of tree seedlings clogging the basket and
filter. I cleaned both, reset the breaker and turned the filter on.
The filter cycles on and then off about every second for about 10
seconds and then blows the breaker again. Did the pump over heat while
I was on vacation and damage something?

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Ken

Richard J Kinch June 29th 03 04:42 AM

Ken writes:

The filter cycles on and then off about every second for about 10
seconds and then blows the breaker again. Did the pump over heat while
I was on vacation and damage something?

If the motor is not starting, check the starting capacitor first, if it has
one. The motor is not cooled by water flow.