Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to deal with police at a DUI checkpoint

On Fri, 21 Oct 2016 23:54:01 -0000 (UTC), Diesel
wrote:

Oren
Fri, 21 Oct 2016
16:58:59 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 13:17:00 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

Only according to you and your ways. In my world, it worked out
fine. You can probe around the margins of the law all you want.
Feel free to hold up traffic, make a scene and explore uncharted
territory. How about in that youtube video, after taking enough
BS, the cop just says that he smells alcohol and ordered the guy
out of the car to take the field test? Now what? Refuse that,
refuse to open the door, and test what happens next? IMO, if he
did, the cops would be within their rights to force him out of the
car. You and that guy can feel free to resist, argue the law,
wind up in jail and then sort it all out in court, where you'd
likely lose. Me, I cooperate and I'm on my way in a minute.

You might win the case; son, but tonight you get a free ride to
the pokey, a wonderful tour of our housing facilities and a
complementary breakfast :-)

Followed up by your pension when my lawyers are done playing with you.
It's very clear that your comfortable being a sheep. I wouldn't ever
want to try and change your line of thinking. Sheep can be useful too.

Its a joke son, its a joke.

The police department would pay any settlement, not the officer unless
maybe it was a civil rights violation and not under "color of law".
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

And who pays the alleged perp's law bills while they tilt at windmills
in a case that they will likely lose?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Some laws now make the loser pay legal bills for frivolous law suits.
It takes out the incentive to fabricate a wrongdoing.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/18/2016 02:04 PM, Oren wrote:
Diabetics, having an episode can also smell of alcohol. Doesn't mean
they are drunk or been drinking.

Hi Oren,

I can smell alcohol, even the laboratory stuff. I have
had folks say that you are only smelling the fruits, etc.,
and not the alcohol, but I can smell the 100% pure lab
stuff.

As a diabetic, I sometimes smell of keytones, which do
smell like fruit punch, so I could see the mix up
with the fruits in alcoholic beverages. I can tell the
difference, but then again I CAN smell pure alcohol.

An as a drug free diabetic, I can not have a low (hypo)
event. I also do not drink.

Would it be a good idea to tell an office I was diabetic
to keep him from thinking I had been drinking?

-T

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/21/2016 4:54 PM, Diesel wrote:
Bob F Fri, 21
Oct 2016 17:24:54 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

At one point, TN had a 'driver license' checkpoint which wasn't
legal. The cops would tell you it was, though. You know they can
lie to you and it's okay, right?

Sounds like you are an obvious victim of white privilege.

Are you a closet racist or a full fledged member?

LOL! No.

I am capable of seeing the obvious.

Would you recommend that a black friend try any of this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

T posted for all of us...

An as a drug free diabetic, I can not have a low (hypo)
event. I also do not drink.

Think so? Don't eat properly and have stress and exercise and tell me how
you feel.

Would it be a good idea to tell an office I was diabetic
to keep him from thinking I had been drinking?

Yes, why are you planning on getting stopped?

--
Tekkie