Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth

Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:55 PM, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

I have some I have been using for years with hardly any teeth left.
Will you pay postage?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 10:08:31 PM UTC-5, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 7/22/2016 6:55 PM, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

I have some I have been using for years with hardly any teeth left.
Will you pay postage?

Are you serious ?

Why would I buy a worn out item ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 11:06:02 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy

Not only didn't you say how many you needed, you also didn't say how many TPI
you want.

I guess I should have just answered your direct question:

Yes, they make blades with less than 18 TPI.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:55 PM, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

I have some I have been using for years with hardly any teeth left.
Will you pay postage?

Are you serious ?

Why would I buy a worn out item ?

Maybe they have less than 18 teeth per inch?

What exactly are you cutting...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/22/2016 6:55 PM, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

No, but how many teeth do you got?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Andy posted for all of us...

Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

Yes, did you DAGS? Of course not. Go to the big schlock or hardware store?
Of course not.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.
Do they make any ?

Do you own a grinder or know someone who has one?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 8:55:52 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

I have some in the mix of blades in the compartment inside the bar of my hacksaw. I bought the blades at Johnstone Supply some years ago. I suppose you need a blade for cutting wood or some other relatively soft material. The blades are usually sold in packs of 10. If there is an old timey traditional hardware store around where you live, you may have some luck finding a single blade. All the old hardware stores around here were eaten by the Lowe's Depot monster. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Blade Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/22/2016 11:05 PM, Andy wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy

https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Hacksaw.../dp/B00AZ24S5G
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 10:01:36 PM UTC-5, cowabunga dude wrote:
wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.
Do they make any ?

Do you own a grinder or know someone who has one?

Yes, I have a grinder.

Were I thinking I could grind off some teeth to make wood cutting faster ?

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 11:06:02 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy

Not only didn't you say how many you needed, you also didn't say how many TPI
you want.

I guess I should have just answered your direct question:

Yes, they make blades with less than 18 TPI.

I have no idea how many teeth are available, thus my post.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 7:27 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 8:55:52 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

If there is an old timey traditional hardware store around where you
live, you may have some luck finding a single blade.

All the old hardware stores around here were eaten by the Lowe's Depot
monster. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Blade Monster

We still have an old timey hardware store in Panama City Fl.
Fun to walk around in.

http://www.boyetteandcasey.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Boyette-Cas...5255142840251/

Mikek

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 06:54:13 -0700 (PDT), Andy
wrote:

Do you own a grinder or know someone who has one?

Yes, I have a grinder.

Were I thinking I could grind off some teeth to make wood cutting faster ?

Hey Andy,

Why do you need a hack saw to cut wood?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 9:52:24 AM UTC-5, amdx wrote:
On 7/24/2016 7:27 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 8:55:52 PM UTC-5, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

If there is an old timey traditional hardware store around where you
live, you may have some luck finding a single blade.

All the old hardware stores around here were eaten by the Lowe's Depot
monster. 8-(

[8~{} Uncle Blade Monster

We still have an old timey hardware store in Panama City Fl.
Fun to walk around in.

http://www.boyetteandcasey.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Boyette-Cas...5255142840251/

Mikek

I believe that because they're on The Internet, it's kept them alive due to online sales. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Net Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 9:55:20 AM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Saturday, July 23, 2016 at 6:59:04 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 11:06:02 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy

Not only didn't you say how many you needed, you also didn't say how many TPI
you want.

I guess I should have just answered your direct question:

Yes, they make blades with less than 18 TPI.

I have no idea how many teeth are available, thus my post.

Andy

....and the answer to your question is "Yes, they do make blades
with less than 18 teeth."

Now, if you were tell us what you want to use this blade for, we might
be able to be more specific.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/24/2016 6:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

...and the answer to your question is "Yes, they do make blades
with less than 18 teeth."

Now, if you were tell us what you want to use this blade for, we might
be able to be more specific.

Problem solved. He hired a hillbilly carpenter with less than 18 teeth.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Jul 2016 09:09:17 -0400, Terry "terry
wrote:

On 07/22/2016 11:05 PM, Andy wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:14:33 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

How much less?

http://www.mutualscrew.com/Hand-Hack...10-189750.html

Thanks for the link.

But I do not need 10 blades.

Andy

https://www.amazon.com/Tools-Hacksaw.../dp/B00AZ24S5G

How do you know how many you need 'till the job is done. You might
break a few - -

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Andy" wrote in message

Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

Yes they are made any good supply store should have it
ask for blades to cut Stainless steel

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.
Do they make any ?

A reciprocating saw with some of these blades would be better.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-9-in...5FG5/203464786

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony944" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message

Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

Yes they are made any good supply store should have it
ask for blades to cut Stainless steel

No problem.

Sometimes, I would like to cut short pieces of wood without all the noise of electric saws.

Andy
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Tony944" wrote in message

"Andy" wrote in message

Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

Do they make any ?

Yes they are made any good supply store should have it
ask for blades to cut Stainless steel

No problem.

Sometimes, I would like to cut short pieces of wood without all the noise of electric saws.

Andy

Then buy a proper wood cutting saw...

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/hand-saws.aspx

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

On 7/24/2016 6:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

On Friday, July 22, 2016 at 9:55:52 PM UTC-4, Andy wrote:
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth.

...and the answer to your question is "Yes, they do make blades
with less than 18 teeth."

Now, if you were tell us what you want to use this blade for, we might
be able to be more specific.

Problem solved. He hired a hillbilly carpenter with less than 18 teeth.

Good one! Let him chew on that.

--
Tekkie