Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Backflow Valve

Backflow Pressure Valves are use in places where perhaps Chemical maybe use in mixers washers ETC.
If your premise's use any of this do not Eliminate BPV. if inspector comes around you could be penalized
with very hefty fines, also you did not say is this well water or City water that makes big difference.
For the well water yes you can use check valve but not if you use chemical down the line on the City supply
defiantly not. Some area in USA are very strict on that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-21 2:23 PM, Tony944 wrote:
Backflow Pressure Valves are use in places where perhaps Chemical maybe
use in mixers washers ETC.
If your premise's use any of this do not Eliminate BPV. if inspector
comes around you could be penalized
with very hefty fines, also you did not say is this well water or City
water that makes big difference.
For the well water yes you can use check valve but not if you use
chemical down the line on the City supply
defiantly not. Some area in USA are very strict on that.

What are you babbling about, we had a bad storm here a couple years ago,
many neighbours basements flooded because of water coming back up
through the drains. Ours fortunately did not, but we did get a backflow
valve installed, since our home insurance was dropping coverage for that
situation unless I wanted to pay a hefty premium increase. Given the
cost of that insurance rider, the valve made more sense.

--
Froz....
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 2:23:06 PM UTC-4, Tony944 wrote:
Backflow Pressure Valves are use in places where perhaps Chemical maybe use
in mixers washers ETC.

If your premise's use any of this do not Eliminate BPV. if inspector comes
around you could be penalized

with very hefty fines, also you did not say is this well water or City
water that makes big difference.

For the well water yes you can use check valve but not if you use chemical
down the line on the City supply

defiantly not. Some area in USA are very strict on
that.

As always, on target and in touch today. The rest of us here can read that
it's a private residence with a well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/21/2016 11:45 AM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 2016-07-21 2:23 PM, Tony944 wrote:
[...]

You are sure a "Backflow Pressure Valve" was what you used? Somehow I
doubt it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-21 2:23 PM, Tony944 wrote:
[...]

So what you saying that sewage backup into your sink and then got into
faucet
and back into water system or through any other access on premise's.
Do I understand you right, Yes my English is poor but you are Really
babbling!