Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Waxy hands in hot weather

OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 14 Jul 2016 14:24:34 -0400, Micky
wrote:

OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

I have never once felt your hands, in any weather conditions.
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/14/2016 12:24 PM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Use acetone. You'll have the cleanest hands in town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/14/2016 2:24 PM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

I use the pump anti bacterial soap from Walmart,
(in the health and beauty aisle). I've never had
this problem. Perhaps it is a result of your
brand of soap? Please try a different brand, and
see if that changes.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/14/2016 12:24 PM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

I use the same soap as Stormy and never noticed waxy feeling. What brand of soap are you using?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 7/16/2016 8:25 AM, Buck wrote:
On 07/14/2016 12:24 PM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they

I use the same soap as Stormy and never noticed waxy feeling. What
brand of soap are you using?

Hey, is today my turn to have the soap?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, July 14, 2016 at 1:24:47 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

http://tinyurl.com/zoh9z7m
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.driving

Default MICKY WONDERS WHY HER HANDS ARE "Waxy in hot weather"

On 7/14/2016 11:24 AM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

Stop scratchin' yer arse and/or hairy gash in between washings and the
problem will go away.
Your welcome. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.war.vietnam,uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.driving

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 07:30:03 -0700, "Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote:

On 7/14/2016 11:24 AM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

Stop scratchin' yer arse and/or hairy gash in between washings and the
problem will go away.
Your welcome. ;-)

I don't think that's it, Colonel. I think she has the flesh-eating
bacteria thing going on.

--

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq.

"It is my learned opinion that a man
should not mince words just to spare
the sensibilities of the thin-skinned
or the ignorant."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 06:25:09 -0600, Buck wrote:

On 07/14/2016 12:24 PM, Micky wrote:
OT, Do any of you notice this. In hot humid weather my hands feel wet
or dirty, so I wash them with soap and water, and when I'm done, they
feel like they have a coat of wax on the fingers and maybe more of the
hands. Like the grooves within my fingerprints are filled in by
something and the fingers slide over each other in a different way
from normally??

Washing again doesn't seem to change this.

I use the same soap as Stormy and never noticed waxy feeling. What brand of soap are you using?

Usually Ivory. How does that sound? (there's a strange brand in
the powder room but I don't know what it is anymore.)

The trouble with anti-bacterial soap is that it's giving rise to
bacteria which are resistant, totally resistant iiuc, to current
antibiotics, which will punish everyone. I think it's a mistake to
use it unless there is a special risk of infection.

Plus there's no reason to think it gets the dirt off any better. But
it is possible that other brands clean better than Ivory. Any brand
recommendations??