Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireless Phones

I have a two-line ATT phone that is located on the second floor about 30 feet away. I have four remote units downstairs. I lose the signal no matter which phone I use where. Would extenders and every room help the situation?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 1:24:58 PM UTC-4, Nonie Stager wrote:
I have a two-line ATT phone that is located on the second floor about 30 feet away. I have four remote units downstairs. I lose the signal no matter which phone I use where. Would extenders and every room help the situation?

I'd just buy another phone system. You can get one for $50, I guess
2 lines may be more. If it doesn't work, take it back.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 7:43:35 AM UTC-5, Art Todesco wrote:
On 6/6/2016 8:37 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/6/2016 1:24 PM, wrote:
I have a two-line ATT phone that is located on the second floor about
30 feet away. I have four remote units downstairs. I lose the signal
no matter which phone I use where. Would extenders and every room
help the situation?

You should be able to go more than 30 feet. I can easily go 75 feet
with no loss probably more but I never tried. For the price of
extenders you can buy a new phone system. Yours sounds defective.

I just replaced my 5.8MHz with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 unit with many bells
and whistles. I especially wanted the call blocking, which works very
well. It, with 4 total handsets was about $110. It does not have 2
lines. To get 2 lines with the call blocking cost almost triple. So I
still have a hand me down (from my wife's employer), Uniden DECT 6.0 2
line unit for the 2 landlines .... yes we are dinosaurs, but the 2nd
landline was a freebee perk from the telco. Anyway, the new phone works
at huge distances, like 300 feet. The 5.8 couldn't do that and neither
could that older Uniden. But at least the 2 DECT 6 units play well
together and don't interfere with each other. Anyway, I use the 2nd
landline for receiving and sending Faxes and occasionally, when the main
line is busy, as a 2nd talking line. Also, Panasonic has a DECT 6
extender, but I certainly don't need it.

Our last 2 units have been Panasonic. DECT 6 with Blutooth (2 Cell phones) and 6 handsets. Even without a landline, you can use it "like" one.
I agree with Ed...range is at least a half block.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 06/07/2016 07:43 AM, Art Todesco wrote:

[snip]

I just replaced my 5.8MHz with a Panasonic DECT 6.0 unit with many bells
and whistles. I especially wanted the call blocking, which works very
well.

I've done the same, and make use of call blocking. It'd be even more
useful if it'd block by caller ID NAME as well. Then it'd block the
numerous junk calls from "TOLL FREE CALL" (different numbers).

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"The fact that there is a general belief in a future life is no evidence
of its truth." [Clarence Darrow]