Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whining in my pipes

Got a whining in my pipes that only stops when I flush the toilet (any
of them) and starts back up when the tank is filled. One stopped for
awhile when I tapped the float. Google says to change out the innards of
the toilet. I would prefer not to. Does anyone know if just maybe
adjusting the float to get a little more or less water might stop it?
It goes away when I flush any toilet and I just adjusted the float
on the one nearest to my computer when I Googled it. Is this likely to
be one causing the problems even though it stops when I flush ANY toilet.