Posted to alt.home.repair

Default English as a second language

Why do I have to learn Spanish to be able to buy groceries in the United States? The country I was born and raised in. Now every time I go in a store everyone is speaking Spanish.

Last spring I heard a diesel p-cup in front of my house, after I still heard it after about 15 minutes I looked out the window. My new immigrant neighbors were running around in my yard catching baby quail. I opened the window and asked them, what are you doing in my yard? They pretended like they couldn't speak English, and made it clear they expected me to speak Spanish. When I asked, do I need to call the sheriff? They could suddenly, magically speak English. I told them to put those birds down and don't come back. They gave me dirty looks as they drove away. A few minutes later the adult quail came back, gathered up the babies and ran across the road to the pasture.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 7:44:58 PM UTC-5, Dusty wrote:
Why do I have to learn Spanish to be able to buy groceries in the United States? The country I was born and raised in. Now every time I go in a store everyone is speaking Spanish.

Last spring I heard a diesel p-cup in front of my house, after I still heard it after about 15 minutes I looked out the window. My new immigrant neighbors were running around in my yard catching baby quail. I opened the window and asked them, what are you doing in my yard? They pretended like they couldn't speak English, and made it clear they expected me to speak Spanish. When I asked, do I need to call the sheriff? They could suddenly, magically speak English. I told them to put those birds down and don't come back. They gave me dirty looks as they drove away. A few minutes later the adult quail came back, gathered up the babies and ran across the road to the pasture.

Did you vote Democrat or Republican? You get what you vote for. If you don't, you must convince more people to vote your way. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Vote Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/24/2016 06:44 PM, Dusty wrote:
Why do I have to learn Spanish to be able to buy groceries in the United States? The country I was born and raised in. Now every time I go in a store everyone is speaking Spanish.
Last spring I heard a diesel p-cup in front of my house, after I still heard it after about 15 minutes I looked out the window. My new immigrant neighbors were running around in my yard catching baby quail. I opened the window and asked them, what are
you doing in my yard? They pretended like they couldn't speak English, and made it clear they expected me to speak Spanish. When I asked, do I need to call the sheriff? They could suddenly, magically speak English. I told them to put those birds down
and don't come back. They gave me dirty looks as they drove away. A few minutes later the adult quail came back, gathered up the babies and ran across the road to the pasture.

Hold up a fake badge and yell "Immigration". They'll leave.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:55:39 AM UTC-5, GOWGN wrote:
[...]

Haven't you heard, the Black Messiah in charge said to let them in. The South American invaders no longer fear the law. O_o

[8~{} Uncle American Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 9:04:33 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Democrat, Republican, liberal,
conservative, independent,
anarchist - whatever...

An official language is something
the United States(of all countries)
has never constitutionalized or
otherwise mandated. And it doesn't
matter where you are politically or
how you vote. It's common sense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 6:03:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

If I remember correctly, the Republicans let illegals invade because the lobbyist for industry wanted cheap labor and Democrats let them invade because they want more Democrat voters. The U.S. will become Babylon all over again. I just had a thought, America will become The Middle East if the people in charge insist on allow Muslim hordes to invade the country. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Invading Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/25/2016 4:55 AM, GOWGN wrote:
On 04/24/2016 06:44 PM, Dusty wrote:
clear they expected me to speak Spanish. When I asked, do I need to
call the sheriff? They could suddenly, magically speak English. I told
them to put those birds down and don't come back. They gave me dirty
looks as they drove away. A few minutes later the adult quail came
back, gathered up the babies and ran across the road to the pasture.

Hold up a fake badge and yell "Immigration". They'll leave.

"La migra!" which is pronounced "lah meee grah"

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/24/2016 8:44 PM, Dusty wrote:
Why do I have to learn Spanish to be able to buy groceries in the United
States? The country I was born and raised in. Now every time I go in a
store everyone is speaking Spanish.

Strange, the American Indians had that same
problem with Spanish speakers. Of course,
they also had trouble with English speakers.
Smallpox blankets, etc.

Couple of years from now, it will be Sharia
every where in the USA. The boat goes down
the river, and the scenery changes.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 7:57:28 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/24/2016 8:44 PM, Dusty wrote:
Why do I have to learn Spanish to be able to buy groceries in the United
States? The country I was born and raised in. Now every time I go in a
store everyone is speaking Spanish.

Strange, the American Indians had that same
problem with Spanish speakers. Of course,
they also had trouble with English speakers.
Smallpox blankets, etc.

Couple of years from now, it will be Sharia
every where in the USA. The boat goes down
the river, and the scenery changes.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

____

How philosophical!

I would think a country of our stature
would be more concerned about not rolling
down hill like a snowball headed for hell,
as someone once put it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]

I have new neighbors from Puerto Rica. They are bi-lingual speaking
good English but converse together in Spanish. Very nice neighbors.
Apparently with the Puerto Rican economy going down the toilet, a lot of
them are coming to the mainland.

Of course, most of us are ****ed at all the illegals getting away with
it, but I post this as you cannot assume all Hispanics are illegal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote: "On 4/24/2016 8:44 PM, Dusty wrote:
I have new neighbors from Puerto Rica. They are bi-lingual speaking
good English but converse together in Spanish. Very nice neighbors.
Apparently with the Puerto Rican economy going down the toilet, a lot of
them are coming to the mainland.

Of course, most of us are ****ed at all the illegals getting away with
it, but I post this as you cannot assume all Hispanics are illegal. "

I care not where someone comes from or their native
language. They can speak whatever they want to
each other, but business in this country - even just
ordering a milkshake - is conducted in ENGLISH.

That goes for either side of the counter.

What ****es me off is when parents come into my
place of business with their teenagers, and I ask
the teenagers "Anything I can help you with today?",
and they respond, in their language, that they
don't speak English.

TEENAGERS? In THIS country, going to our
schools, and they don't know a SCRAP of English?!
I blame the parents before blaming the school
system.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote: "Ruddy good show! Whilst I
was motoring home from the chemist with my flex,
I had a puncture on my lorry, and had to go to the
ironmonger. "

Funny, but old. You get my point.