Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deadly Furniture

Ikea furniture has been crushing small children to death because owners failed to secure the furniture to the wall. It's a tragic situation. 8-(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...C1X?li=BBnbfcL

http://tinyurl.com/hnrkwy5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f35cb714248

http://tinyurl.com/zn9ky2k

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a tall dresser - probably late '60s-early '70s
American. I can testify the base on that ******* is
so heavy and substantial it would take two grown
men to tip it back onto a handtruck for moving.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 4:26:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a tall dresser - probably late '60s-early '70s
American. I can testify the base on that ******* is
so heavy and substantial it would take two grown
men to tip it back onto a handtruck for moving.

You didn't assemble it yourself from a kit did you? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Kit Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.2600

Default UNCLE "BUTT MUCHER" MONSTER TALKS ABOUT "Deadly Furniture"

On 4/22/2016 12:32 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Ikea furniture has been crushing small children to death because owners failed to secure the furniture to the wall. It's a tragic situation. 8-(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...C1X?li=BBnbfcL

http://tinyurl.com/hnrkwy5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f35cb714248

http://tinyurl.com/zn9ky2k

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

Maybe this could help with overpopulation. Well, that and some latex
condoms.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 00:32:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

Ikea furniture has been crushing small children to death because owners failed to secure the furniture to the wall. It's a tragic situation. 8-(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...C1X?li=BBnbfcL

http://tinyurl.com/hnrkwy5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f35cb714248

http://tinyurl.com/zn9ky2k

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

This is as deadly as VW's diesel emissions cheating. Well, almost.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 11:51:49 AM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 00:32:47 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

Ikea furniture has been crushing small children to death because owners failed to secure the furniture to the wall. It's a tragic situation. 8-(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...C1X?li=BBnbfcL

http://tinyurl.com/hnrkwy5

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b06f35cb714248

http://tinyurl.com/zn9ky2k

[8~{} Uncle Sad Monster

This is as deadly as VW's diesel emissions cheating. Well, almost.

There is no public outcry about the death of those small children so the government could not care less. We must save the Earth or there will be no more small children to be crushed and killed in home accidents. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Callous Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 5:35:02 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 4:26:31 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I have a tall dresser - probably late '60s-early '70s
American. I can testify the base on that ******* is
so heavy and substantial it would take two grown
men to tip it back onto a handtruck for moving.

You didn't assemble it yourself from a kit did you? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Kit Monster

No. It was built solid, in an American
factory, the way it should be.

Uncle Patriotic K-Man!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 2:12:59 PM UTC-5, Gordon Shumway wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 11:37:21 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Friday, April 22, 2016 at 6:09:48 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 02:26:19 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I have a tall dresser - probably late '60s-early '70s
American. I can testify the base on that ******* is
so heavy and substantial it would take two grown
men to tip it back onto a handtruck for moving.

Possibly, but pull out a couple of drawer and climb up like kids do.
This is nothing new, kids have been injured or killed by furniture for
decades.

Oh, heck yeah. When I was a kid I had a highboy (actually I still
have it). I opened several of the bottom drawers and the thing
started falling toward me. Luckily, I was big enough by then to give
it a shove and push some drawers closed with my foot.

I consider the entire thing to be "evolution in action". We
don't secure our kitchen range with the provided hardware,
either.

Cindy Hamilton

Evolution is suppose to weed out the stupid ones, but our self inflicted nanny state is keeping the truly stupid ones in the
gene pool. Just imagine a few more generations from now how stupidity will be in full bloom.

One of my favorite scary movies is "Idiocracy". It's scary because I see it happening right now. Watch it if you get a chance. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiocracy

[8~{} Uncle Idiotic Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 06:09:47 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I have a tall dresser - probably late '60s-early '70s
American. I can testify the base on that ******* is
so heavy and substantial it would take two grown
men to tip it back onto a handtruck for moving.

Possibly, but pull out a couple of drawer and climb up like kids do.
This is nothing new, kids have been injured or killed by furniture for
decades.

I'm a lucky feller. Instead of climbing furniture, we could play with
dynamite.

(creek swimming holes & fishin' at the same time)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Deadly evolution

On 4/22/2016 3:12 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Evolution is suppose to weed out the stupid
ones, but our self inflicted nanny state is
keeping the truly stupid ones in the
gene pool. Just imagine a few more generations
from now how stupidity will be in full bloom.

I've notice that the college grad types tend to
observe ZPG, while the working class tends to
large families.

Strange how that works out.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin: "ZPG"

English. Please!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 19:27:58 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Stormin: "ZPG"

English. Please!

Zero Population Growth - like no more than 2 kids.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote: " Zero Population Growth - like no more than 2 kids. "

THANK YOU!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/22/2016 9:21 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/22/2016 3:12 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

Evolution is suppose to weed out the stupid
ones, but our self inflicted nanny state is
keeping the truly stupid ones in the
gene pool. Just imagine a few more generations
from now how stupidity will be in full bloom.

Many people think that way, but if they took a close look at their own
family trees they'd realize they themselves came from people with
disadvantaged backgrounds. The vast majority of Americans come from
immigrants who had a very hard time of it, but whose offspring were
generally more successful in each generation. Most of our immigrant
ancestors were considered stupid, lazy, etc, and yet their kids,
grandkids, and great-grandkids generally were successful at bettering
themselves.

I've notice that the college grad types tend to
observe ZPG, while the working class tends to
large families.

Strange how that works out.

Not at all strange. They went to college to have better lives, and
having a houseful of kids works against that goal, both
psychologically and economically. They also know that if they
concentrate their time and money on just one or two kids, those kids
will have more advantages than if they had to spread their time and
money across a passel of kids.