Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT (?) too light image when printing Google Maps

I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:
I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

Can you use the clipping tool (Win7), save the file and print it?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 14:18:12 -0700, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

Not much good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

Not much good.

thanks for confirming my thoughts!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"bob_villain" wrote in message
On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 4:18:20 PM UTC-5, taxed and spent wrote:
I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am
not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

Can you use the clipping tool (Win7), save the file and print it?

Not in XP.

I tried to print to PDF, and then print the PDF, but same problem.

I can't cut and paste into a WORD doc to try that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

taxed and spent wrote:
I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I
am not the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a
map that is printed too lightly to be read?

You can't adjust the printing characteristics of your printer?

Posted to alt.home.repair

|I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
| the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
| printed too lightly to be read?

Are you printing from the webpage? What you
could do would be to save the image, open it in
Irfan View, go to Image - Color Corrections,
and lower gamma and/or brightness. Then print
it.

Another option:

http://www.jsware.net/jsware/gmapkit.php5

I wanted to be able to get Google maps, streetview
and satellite, all easily, in one place, without
needing to allow script at Google. It turns out that
Google makes their map API (functions to get maps)
available for free. The only requirement is that any
software using it 1) be free and 2) have a Google
logo in it. So I wrote the program myself and find
it very handy. It also has settings to adjust saturation
and brightness of the map image, and to save it
to disk as a JPG. It's not as fully featured as the Google
maps site. They don't provide as much functionality
in their free API. But it does pretty much everything
that matters.

Posted to alt.home.repair

taxed and spent wrote:

I could not find any cause of solution on line, although it seems I am not
the only one with this problem. But what good is printing a map that is
printed too lightly to be read?

It might help to include the brand and model of the printer.