Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coming to America...

Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

Good for her.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 5:38:41 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

I know several Caucasian African-Americans from South Africa. The all talk funny. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle American Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2016 06:14 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 5:38:41 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

I know several Caucasian African-Americans from South Africa. The all talk funny. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle American Monster

I once listened to Glenn Beck and an English person called in and made a
mention of "black people. " Glenn Beck then cautioned the person to talk
politically correct and refer to them as African-Americans.
The caller then informed Beck that over in England they could possibly
be referred to as African-British, but they would not be
African-Americans there.

Beck absolutely did not get it and called the guy a liar and said, of
course you have African-Americans over there.

The caller just gave up.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 6:22:16 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

Do you think Beck was pulling the guy's leg? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Leg Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 15:38:34 -0700, Oren wrote:

Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

There have been court cases about this. "South" African Americans have
been applying for affirmative action programs and it gets silly when
the powers that be, try to explain why they are not "african
american".
It is what happens when people make a nonsensical term, the
politically correct nomenclature.

It was always silly when people who's families have been in the US
since colonial days refer to themselves as "african".
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:
Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

I worked with a white guy born of American missionaries in Africa.
There was also a white guy born of American missionaries in China.

Then there was the guy born of a Mexican family in New Mexico who had
never moved but became part of the US when we annexed it. I asked him
if he considered himself Hispanic and he said he had never thought about it.

All this classification stuff is stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2016 06:25 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

Absolutely positively not. He (like many) are so hung up on the "proper"
word for a black person being "African-American" that when the caller
said they did not have African-Americans in England...Beck translated
that to "no black" people.

Even though I don't think Beck is terribly bright, I can give him the
benefit of the doubt and just call it a mind-fart.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 6:55:51 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

I'm an Earthling American and I self identify as a Black lesbian trapped in a White man's body who likes blond and red haired White women. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lesbian Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 7:10:31 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

I listen to a lot of Internet streaming talk radio. In fact I'm listening right now with my earphones plugged into my computer while my roommate watches SEC sports on his TV. I even have a Bluetooth headset I put on so I can listen to the streaming radio station when I go the bathroom to drop a load of Ready Mix. My favorite irascible rascal ranting on the radio late at night is Dr. Michael Savage. He's hysterically funny and sounds like my late great Aunt Mary from Brooklyn, New York. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Radio Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/02/2016 08:38 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

[...]

When I was working I had my radio on all the time and eventually got
pretty tired of talk radio.
I liked it a lot better when there was a 24 hour jazz station in town.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 8:42:44 PM UTC-5, philo wrote:
[...]

I'll listen to different stuff but if you like variety in Internet streaming radio, take a look at iHeart Radio. There are a lot of categories of music and talk radio. ^_^

http://www.iheart.com/

[8~{} Uncle Radio Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

n.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 20:42:39 -0500, philo wrote:

When I was working I had my radio on all the time and eventually got
pretty tired of talk radio.
I liked it a lot better when there was a 24 hour jazz station in town.

I haven't listened to the radio for at least 10 years. I always have
my MP3s with me. Last month I was skiing in Michigan and I left the
rentacar with almost 1000 songs on the hard drive.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:
Had community yard sale today. A lady and her daughter stopped and
bought several items. Curious about her accent, I asked about her
heritage. "I'm from South Africa and just became an American citizen."
I asked, did you take the test? "Yes It was a wonderful swearing in
ceremony. I'm African-American." I said, please drop the hyphenation,
and welcome to America. Good for you.

She replied, I'm African-American and "the blacks get mad about it". I
cracked up - she is white.

You can't make it up.

Bravo! My Dad knew such an Afro American, who had
blonde hair and blue eyes. He always checked afro
american on the personnel forms.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 9:38 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

My favorite irascible rascal ranting on the

radio late at night is Dr. Michael Savage. He's

hysterically funny and sounds like my late great

Aunt Mary from Brooklyn, New York. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Radio Monster

He's the fellow who taught me the difference
between a suicide bomber and a homicide bomber.

Good distinction, I believe.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 7:55 PM, Frank wrote:

I worked with a white guy born of American missionaries in Africa.
There was also a white guy born of American missionaries in China.

Then there was the guy born of a Mexican family in New Mexico who had
never moved but became part of the US when we annexed it. I asked him
if he considered himself Hispanic and he said he had never thought about
it.

All this classification stuff is stupid.

I agree. I am so tired of being a Germo-Englo American.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 7:25:31 PM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
[...]

I agree, there has to be more to it than that. Glen Beck
is anti-PC and not stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Apr 2016 06:24:02 -0700 (PDT)
trader_4 wrote:

[...]

Glenn Beck has fallen off the deep end.
He now converses with GOD!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2016 08:24 AM, trader_4 wrote:
I once listened to Glenn Beck and an English person called in and made a
mention of "black people. " Glenn Beck then cautioned the person to talk
politically correct and refer to them as African-Americans.
The caller then informed Beck that over in England they could possibly
be referred to as African-British, but they would not be
African-Americans there.

Beck absolutely did not get it and called the guy a liar and said, of
course you have African-Americans over there.

The caller just gave up.

Do you think Beck was pulling the guy's leg? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Leg Monster

I agree, there has to be more to it than that. Glen Beck
is anti-PC and not stupid.

Yes, Glenn Beck is absolutely anti-PC and when he was "correcting" the
person to speak politically correctly he *was* being sarcastic...
but...

it flew right over his head about the British not having
"African-Americans."

Like I said, Beck is a dim bulb but this might have just been a brain
fart. At the time however all I thought was "this guy is too dumb to
listen to" and never tuned-in again.

The same can be said for Rush Limbaugh. I listened to him quite often
until the day came where his extreme ignorance turned me away from his
show for good.

He was going to make a point by doing the math so he pulled out his
calculator.Had he used the calculator for doing a simple math problem I
would not have thought anything of it.. with a radio program one is not
likely to interrupt air time by pulling out a pencil and paper.

What it was however is that he did not even know how to use the
calculator and had to have Snerdly do the math for him.

I don't recall the actual numbers but he needed to multiply (let's
say) three billion dollars ($3,000,000,000) times 2.5

Rather than simply multiply 3 x 2.5 then say "7.5 billion"...
he said that he could not do the problem because he could only punch so
many zeros into his calculator.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 7:55 PM, Frank wrote:
I worked with a white guy born of American missionaries in Africa.
There was also a white guy born of American missionaries in China.

Then there was the guy born of a Mexican family in New Mexico who had never moved but became part of the US when we annexed it. I asked him if he considered himself Hispanic and he said he had never thought about it.

All this classification stuff is stupid.

Maybe when the Mexicans and/or the Muslims take control of the US they'll treat the blacks better than whitey does.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2016 11:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I was never a big Rush fan, but I used to listen to him a bit years
ago. He always came across as too full of his own self-importance.

I'm not a Rush listener, after hearing him endlessly
rebuking callers, other hosts, and the endless list.
He doesn't take much time to comment on the issues,
just to complain about how everyone else is wrong
about every thing.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2016 11:18 AM, Mo Standards wrote:
Maybe when the Mexicans and/or the Muslims take control of the US
they'll treat the blacks better than whitey does.

Now, there's a thought. Maybe the Muslims will offer
blacks preferential hiring, sensetivity training for
Muslims, free housing, social workers, food stamps,
paid utilities, phones, internet, school busses, and
all kinds of freedom to riot every time a black guy
attacks a Muslim cop and is killed?

Maybe cows will fly over the barn?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

philo wrote in :

Absolutely positively not. He (like many) are so hung up on the "proper"
word for a black person being "African-American" that when the caller
said they did not have African-Americans in England...Beck translated
that to "no black" people.

I like the term "Darkies" myself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Uncle Monster wrote in
:

I'm an Earthling American and I self identify as a Black lesbian
trapped in a White man's body who likes blond and red haired White
women. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lesbian Monster

Wow! You are still around Mr. Monster?? I thought you had passed months
ago.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 10:18:13 AM UTC-5, Mo Standards wrote:
On 4/2/2016 7:55 PM, Frank wrote:
I worked with a white guy born of American missionaries in Africa.
There was also a white guy born of American missionaries in China.

Then there was the guy born of a Mexican family in New Mexico who had never moved but became part of the US when we annexed it. I asked him if he considered himself Hispanic and he said he had never thought about it.

All this classification stuff is stupid.

Maybe when the Mexicans and/or the Muslims take control of the US they'll treat the blacks better than whitey does.

You be dissin the Brothers and Sisters, it's "Black" not "black". Even the Honkys is called "White" not "white". Dam fool. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Honky Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Standard reply, is I must be a lesbian because I like women too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, April 2, 2016 at 10:56:52 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/2/2016 7:55 PM, Frank wrote:

I worked with a white guy born of American missionaries in Africa.
There was also a white guy born of American missionaries in China.

Then there was the guy born of a Mexican family in New Mexico who had
never moved but became part of the US when we annexed it. I asked him
if he considered himself Hispanic and he said he had never thought about
it.

All this classification stuff is stupid.

I agree. I am so tired of being a Germo-Englo American.

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Personally not that bad for me, someone said I got Roman hands and Russian fingers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/3/2016 2:43 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/3/2016 11:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I was never a big Rush fan, but I used to listen to him a bit years
ago. He always came across as too full of his own self-importance.

I'm not a Rush listener, after hearing him endlessly
rebuking callers, other hosts, and the endless list.
He doesn't take much time to comment on the issues,
just to complain about how everyone else is wrong
about every thing.

Many years ago I listened to him on my way to work. It was a bit of
comic relief, but he grew old pretty quick. He is rather full of himself.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 2:17:12 PM UTC-5, Zak W wrote:
Uncle Monster wrote in
:

I'm an Earthling American and I self identify as a Black lesbian
trapped in a White man's body who likes blond and red haired White
women. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lesbian Monster

Wow! You are still around Mr. Monster?? I thought you had passed months
ago.

Wow! Wacky Zacky, you still have no dick. snicker ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Laughing Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4/2/2016 6:38 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Yea, but is you a Black lesbian sista trapped in a White man's body? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Lesbian Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 2:42:47 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/3/2016 2:43 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/3/2016 11:09 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I was never a big Rush fan, but I used to listen to him a bit years
ago. He always came across as too full of his own self-importance.

I'm not a Rush listener, after hearing him endlessly
rebuking callers, other hosts, and the endless list.
He doesn't take much time to comment on the issues,
just to complain about how everyone else is wrong
about every thing.

Many years ago I listened to him on my way to work. It was a bit of
comic relief, but he grew old pretty quick. He is rather full of himself.

I listened to him years ago until everything was about abortion. That why a lot of Conservatives lost elections. People got tired of hearing about abortion. The parallel today is that people are tired of hearing about the bogeyman of Climate Change. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2016 12:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Now, there's a thought. Maybe the Muslims will offer
blacks preferential hiring, sensetivity training for
Muslims, free housing, social workers, food stamps,
paid utilities, phones, internet, school busses, and
all kinds of freedom to riot every time a black guy
attacks a Muslim cop and is killed?

Which flavor of Muslims? I've heard Arabic Muslims don't care all that
much for their black co-religionists. But then, Persian Muslims aren't
that thrilled with Arabs either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, April 3, 2016 at 11:02:22 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 04/03/2016 12:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Now, there's a thought. Maybe the Muslims will offer
blacks preferential hiring, sensetivity training for
Muslims, free housing, social workers, food stamps,
paid utilities, phones, internet, school busses, and
all kinds of freedom to riot every time a black guy
attacks a Muslim cop and is killed?

Which flavor of Muslims? I've heard Arabic Muslims don't care all that
much for their black co-religionists. But then, Persian Muslims aren't
that thrilled with Arabs either.

I had a roommate for a while here who was a Muslim from Southern India and he told me that the Indian Muslims don't like Middle Eastern Muslims. Catholics and Protestants don't necessarily like each other either yet both are ostensibly Christians. Cats and dogs often don't like each other yet they're both mammals. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Earthling Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 04/03/2016 01:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 4/3/2016 11:18 AM, Mo Standards wrote:
Maybe when the Mexicans and/or the Muslims take control of the US
they'll treat the blacks better than whitey does.

Now, there's a thought. Maybe the Muslims will offer
blacks preferential hiring, sensetivity training for
Muslims, free housing, social workers, food stamps,
paid utilities, phones, internet, school busses, and
all kinds of freedom to riot every time a black guy
attacks a Muslim cop and is killed?

Clearly the US will need to elect a black muslim president. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coming to America... climate change!

On 4/3/2016 4:39 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

I listened to him years ago until everything was

about abortion. That why a lot of Conservatives
lost elections. People got tired of hearing about
abortion. The parallel today is that people are
tired of hearing about the bogeyman of Climate
Change. O_o

[8~{} Uncle Climate Monster

Remember the 70s? Spray cans and feon and propellant
was going to cause global cooling. Ice age, and
we'd all freeze to death in our own homes.

Then we went into global warming. The polar ice
caps would melt. I saw pictures of what it would
look like when the sea level rose some number of
feet. All the inland areas which would flood.

Now, we have climate change. And if it is cold
or hot, it is due to the fault of huaman
manufacturing or some chemicals.

Saturday I'd gone to church for the chili cook off
and the broadcast. It was in the forties, if I remember.
And as I glanced out the window, it was snowing quite
a lot. That global warming had raised its ugly head
again. We had so much global warming I had to brush
off my truck before I could leave. We had more global
warming over night. Monday, and we got a couple inches
more global warming. Lastnight I had three inches of
global warming on my side porch.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Coming to America... religion of peace and harmony

On 4/4/2016 12:02 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 04/03/2016 12:46 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Now, there's a thought. Maybe the Muslims will offer
blacks preferential hiring, sensetivity training for
Muslims, free housing, social workers, food stamps,
paid utilities, phones, internet, school busses, and
all kinds of freedom to riot every time a black guy
attacks a Muslim cop and is killed?

Which flavor of Muslims? I've heard Arabic Muslims
don't care all that much for their black
co-religionists. But then, Persian Muslims aren't
that thrilled with Arabs either.

Shirley, you jest! Muslims are one big brotherhood
who love each other and live in peace and harmony.
Right?

--
..
Christopher A. Young