Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default boring through tile?

I have this brick/tile stuff that is structural for this build. The
building is 70+ years old. Home Depot has a bit that I can bore
through the brick/tile that is just a hair over 4" OD. I have a
scrap of steel pipe I want to put through the hold to reinforce the
brick/tile after I bore the hole. This steel pipe is about 4.5" OD.
I can rent the bit and drill from Home Depot to make the initial
hole, but still need to increase the hole diameter for the steel
pipe. I thought of using some sort of grinding stone to make the
hole bigger for the steel pipe. Is there a better way to make the
hole or to widen the hole for the pipe?

Once the pipe is in the hole I plan to concrete around the pipe and
fill the voids in brick/tile. Once the concrete (Sackrete Sand Mix)
hardens I'll run a 3" schedule 40 septic pipe through the steel and
spray foam the space between PVC pipe and steel pipe.

TIA

Mike

Suitable boring bar for use in sideways hole in boring head? Louis Ohland Metalworking 7 November 13th 09 09:48 PM
Boring David UK diy 1 November 4th 06 06:31 PM
do-all boring bit [email protected] Metalworking 1 November 9th 05 03:16 AM
Boring bar Jerry Foster Metalworking 10 March 25th 05 05:44 PM
Boring Aidan UK diy 0 March 11th 05 03:00 PM