Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting over rusty nail heads in siding?

On Thursday, April 16, 1998 at 9:00:00 PM UTC-10, Ron wrote:
I'm repainting my siding and in a few places there are nail heads with a
bit of surface rust. How do I prep these for painting? They are too hard
to remove and replace with galv. nails. Thanks
--
Ron
Please remove XX to reply via E-mail.

Any sanding or sealing will ultimately result with the rust returning. Remove the entire nail head. Use the drill bit available on nailheadgone.com. Best way to deal with nail heads.