Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Painting over rusty nail heads in siding?

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 16:53:22 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, April 16, 1998 at 9:00:00 PM UTC-10, Ron wrote:
I'm repainting my siding and in a few places there are nail heads with a
bit of surface rust. How do I prep these for painting? They are too hard
to remove and replace with galv. nails. Thanks

Any sanding or sealing will ultimately result with the rust returning. Remove the entire nail head. Use the drill bit available on nailheadgone.com. Best way to deal with nail heads.

They rusted 6 more time in the past 18 years, eventually the siding
fell off the home. And Ron moved to Africa.