Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT 12 year Gin Project

On Tue, 01 Mar 2016 14:11:57 -0000, Eagle wrote:

Mr Macaw formulated on Monday :
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 19:41:12 -0000, Muggles
wrote:

On 2/29/2016 11:37 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 17:10:58 -0000, Stormin Mormon

Winston Churchill and his two fingers in shape
of "V" was VICTORY, not peace. He figured the
best end to the war was victory. I'm pleased
the US stepped in to help, it was a rough go
for the English.

Some people (or countries) seem to get mixed up here. Your middle
finger, your palm towards yourself, is telling someone to **** off.
Your first two fingers, palm towards you, is victory. Your first two
fingers, palm away from you, is peace.

You've got basic sign language down.

The middle finger is also used to mean "your driving is a piece of ****".

Did you know it was the french who first used the middle finger as an
insult?

I did not.

--
Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: "They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 2/29/2016 11:37 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 17:10:58 -0000, Stormin Mormon

Winston Churchill and his two fingers in shape
of "V" was VICTORY, not peace. He figured the
best end to the war was victory. I'm pleased
the US stepped in to help, it was a rough go
for the English.

Some people (or countries) seem to get mixed up here. Your middle
finger, your palm towards yourself, is telling someone to **** off.
Your first two fingers, palm towards you, is victory. Your first two
fingers, palm away from you, is peace.

You've got basic sign language down.

The middle finger is also used to mean "your driving is a piece of ****".

Did you know it was the french who first used the middle finger as an
insult?

I did not.

Well I was wrong. I saw a TV show on old world subjects and showing the
middle finger to the enemy was to show they still had their "firing
finger" for whatever reason. It turns out that was bull****. This is
the origin;

The gesture dates back to Ancient Greece and it was also used in
Ancient Rome. Historically, it represented the phallus. In some modern
cultures, it has gained increasing recognition as a sign of disrespect,
and has been used by music artists (notably more common among hardcore
punk bands and rappers), actors, celebrities, athletes, and
politicians. Most still view the gesture as obscene. The index finger
and ring finger besides the middle finger in more contemporary periods
has been likened to represent the testicles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_finger

IF you buy that story.... lol
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Whose phallus is that short?

--
Why isn;t the apostrophe next to the L? Who ever uses the semicolon???