Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thermal . Gard windows

I have Thermal-Gard vinyl replacement windows in my home. They were installed a couple of years before I purchased in 1996, so I can't provide an original cost. They have held-up fairly well. After 20+ years, several of the triple glazed panes have lost seal integrity and are experiencing condensation and mineral deposits between the panes, though this is not unusual for windows of this age. The frames and sashes are in good shape with no discernable sagging. There is some damage to the locks and stops. I have been looking to replace the windows due to the amount of fogging due to seal leakage. I hope to be able to replace the sashes + glass with parts from Thermal-Gard to avoid having to remove the frames, but it seems that there are few distributors still in business and the manufacturers website and facebook pages are not providing much info. The copyright year on the webpage is 2015, so I presume that if they have gone out of business, it has been very recently. Vince
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 16:08:57 -0600, Gordon Shumway
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 10:31:06 -0800 (PST), wrote:

[...]

Was there a reason for this post?

Sure. Vinny was just 'sharing' with us.

Well, I do feel so much better. I should share
how fuzzy and welcome I feel here.

--
..
Christopher A. Young

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 6:03:09 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Well, I do feel so much better. I should share
how fuzzy and welcome I feel here.

You are welcome anytime...to leave! ã‹¡
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/31/2016 7:09 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:03:07 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/31/2016 5:44 PM, Oren wrote:
Was there a reason for this post?

Sure. Vinny was just 'sharing' with us.

Well, I do feel so much better. I should share
how fuzzy and welcome I feel here.

Thanks for sharing.

I'll admit, I've been feeling a bit insecure for
most of my life. It is so reassuring that people
care about me. Even my best friends call me
insecure.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 17:05:04 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

Was there a reason for this post?

Sure. Vinny was just 'sharing' with us.

I thought he was asking Oren about Gards....

Oren knows that stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I as well have thermal gard triple pane windows , circa 2000